• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question about visiting

doublegg

heading to the payson area in a couple of weeks,any OC un-friendly areas to avoid in Salt lake city,Provo,or payson area?-also is the Cabelas in Lehi OC friendly?-thanks to all inputs

Deepdiver36

You have very little to worry about. Cabelas has you check in only firearms that will be handled. if you leave it holstered, then just go about your business. They have a sign at the front conveying their expectations.

Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpm84092

I am confident that your open carry experiences in Utah will be up to your greatest expectations. And, while you are visiting, if you would like to pick up a UT Concealed Carry Permit, give me a PM.

Jim

jpm84092

In UT, without a permit, an open carry handgun must be "unloaded" within the meaning of Utah law. That is, no round in the chamber if the handgun is a semiautomatic and no round under the hammer or in the next cylinder if the handgun is a double-action revolver. A permit lets you carry Condition 1 and eliminates those pesky Gun Free School Zones.

jpm84092

OK - glad to hear it. And, congratulations, you are the first person to have ever turned me down on an offer to teach the UT CFP course for no fee. I salute you Sir as a died in the wool open carry advocate.

Marsupial

I feel no need to hide or conceal any tool I may need,but I do appreciate the offer.

it's really only called a winter coat tax. :p

but you will be largely ignored or even openly talked to about it (quite civilly in fact). Provo/Orem are quite sane but don't go walking around at 3am and open carry. The police in provo get a bit concerned but aren't really a problem.