• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

had my first "briefly" experience today!

hammer6

hi guys (and girls) - i've been around here a few years, but i'll give an update on myself....i'm back in florida from new mexico because i broke my leg playing minor league baseball. so- i'm on crutches, and i can't put weight on my left leg for the next 5 or so weeks. so that's my status right now.

anyways- i had my therapy this morning, and only CC'd my LCP. afterwards, mom and i went to First Watch for some breakfast. on the way, i put on my glock 26 OWB in a leather snap holster. i was wearing cargo shorts and a loose fit under armour type shirt. (standing straight up it covers the holster by about an inch and a half, so when i crutch it, you can see the bottom of the holster, but not the gun, since it doesn't stick out.) anyways- after breakfast, we walk out to my handicapable parking space, where i'm about to get in the passenger seat, and a lady walking from her car to the gym, stops to ask about my knee. at this point, my gun is completely exposed, and she is at my 4 o'clock. she can obviously see my gun, but, during our 1-2 minute conversation, didn't say a word about it. she was an older lady- probably 50-60 years old...

that's my story and i'm stickin to it!

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
One small step for man...

One step at a time. I hope your leg gets better very soon, and here's to more "briefly" experiences. I just came back from NYC, where you can't even think of carrying a firearm. Florida's time for full open carry is past due.

MKEgal

Here I thought you'd been "briefly detained" by police.
Glad to know there's more evidence that people aren't scared by armed citizens.
Hope you heal quickly & well.

hammer6

One small step for man...

One step at a time. I hope your leg gets better very soon, and here's to more "briefly" experiences. I just came back from NYC, where you can't even think of carrying a firearm. Florida's time for full open carry is past due.

thank you!

hammer6

Here I thought you'd been "briefly detained" by police.
Glad to know there's more evidence that people aren't scared by armed citizens.
Hope you heal quickly & well.

hey- i've learned that garnering interest is all about how things are said/worded...lol

and thank you!

ADulay

Hammer6,

It would appear that a lot of us are having similar results with this "brief" exposure from time to time as needed.

So far there have been no problems with it at all as far as I can tell.

In my case it's usually putting on a cover garment or taking it off in the parking lot.

Good to hear that others are having a relatively quiet time with their "brief" exposure experiences.

AD

hammer6

Hammer6,

It would appear that a lot of us are having similar results with this "brief" exposure from time to time as needed.

So far there have been no problems with it at all as far as I can tell.

In my case it's usually putting on a cover garment or taking it off in the parking lot.

Good to hear that others are having a relatively quiet time with their "brief" exposure experiences.

AD

yes it is very good to hear. i do plan on getting a "affordable" gun in the near future just in case there is a negative "briefly" encounter with LE....