• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns are not toys!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Absolutely, guns are not toys. I never understand these stories. Why would you point a gun at another person in jest, unloaded or otherwise, and pull the trigger? Unlike some of the other stories this one involved a revolver. It wasn't a case of forgetting to rack the slide. It's fairly obvious when a revolver is unloaded. Regardless, you should never point a gun at anything you don't wish to destroy. I think there might be more to the story...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I read that story earlier Jim.
Then I checked my Drivers License just to make sure I wasn't born yesterday.:eek:

paramedic

OH BOY, the Anti Guns are going to love this one for sure, and the family of the one killed will probably sue the gun manufacturer, after all the should not have fired if it was empty.....right

ocholsteroc

Clarke's girlfriend, 21-year-old Sharday Pleasants, told police that she and Clarke were pointing his revolver at one another and pulling the trigger. She told police that she watched Clarke empty the gun before they started playing with it and the shooting was an accident.

Russian roulette is illegal.

I think there might be more to the story...

Must be.

Last edited:

Blk97F150

Nope, not buying it.

Next week we'll probably read that the girlfriend had found out he was fooling around on her or something. Of course that had nothing at all to do with the 'accident'..... :rolleyes:
</speculation off>

The Wolfhound

Nothing to see here folks, just a little chlorine in the Gene pool.....

It IS possible to miss a round when unloading a revolver. Following the basic firearm rules would still prevent tragedy. Unless further inquiry turns up some dirt, I will post this one to STUPIDITY.