Thread: Update on a former poster

Update on a former poster

Ok, Kwikrnu got banned here. That is not the point of the discussion, and please do not let it become the point of discussion.
    His actions, however, do impact your legal rights in Tennessee. This is the "why" I am posting this. Not to crow, not to pout, not to berate him, but to inform you of what has occurred.

Kwikrnu was detained in Radnor Lake Park, a small park in southern Davidson County, Nashville, TN. He was carrying a Draco Pistol, a pistol based loosely on the AK-47. The Draco pistol was designed to be a pistol which shoots the 7.62x39 round the AK-47 shoots, while being the proper size to meet the legal definition of a pistol. The Draco looks very similar to a folding stock AK-47, and can be confused for it, particularly by those who have no knowledge of the Draco pistol. Kwikrnu was detained by Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agents, while they decided if what he was carrying was an illegal cut down of an AK-47, or a legal firearm. Please see older threads in the Tennessee section for the particulars.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15136192/p...deral-gun-case

Kwikrnu's federal case has ended. The Judge ruled in favor of the Agent. Kwikrnu's State case is still active at this time.

Here is a link to the Judgement: http://dockets.justia.com/docket/ten...cv00126/46864/
    Μολὼν λάβε

I read the opinion and I think the Judge was on solid ground for denying the 4A claim. The black robed knuckleheads have already made swiss cheese out of the 4th A. It is really hard to win a 4A case.

The judge is way off base citing Nordyke in equating a public park as a sensitive place. Shame on him! IMHO it is intellectually deficient, and would be overturned with a good attorney.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I read the opinion and I think the Judge was on solid ground for denying the 4A claim. The black robed knuckleheads have already made swiss cheese out of the 4th A. It is really hard to win a 4A case.

The judge is way off base citing Nordyke in equating a public park as a sensitive place. Shame on him! IMHO it is intellectually deficient, and would be overturned with a good attorney.
    Doesn't Kwik generally act as his own attorney? Just askin'.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Doesn't Kwik generally act as his own attorney? Just askin'.
    Not in this case. He did have a lawyer who kwikrnu said would take apart the Rangers' and the Metro PD officers' testimony in deposition.
    Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

Anyone have info on his State case? Google is at a loss.... XD

Thank you all for keeping this thread on topic.
    Μολὼν λάβε

It was a state park ranger by the way, slightly different from the TWRA guys.

His defense should have cited US v Ubilies.

Did he leave a forwarding address? One might wonder how to contact him without the benefit of a private messaging system.
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 09-20-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I was thinking that one of the linked legal documents would surely have his address (or his attorney's address) but I didn't see anything. I know that Kwikenru posts on other forums. Maybe Google can find him somewhere and he could be PM'd via another forum. Good luck!
    Last edited by OC4me; 09-20-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    His defense should have cited US v Ubilies.

Did he leave a forwarding address? One might wonder how to contact him without the benefit of a private messaging system.
    One could cite Ubiles or a dozen other cases where a search was unlawful minus reasonable suspicion or probable cause. The difference with Embody's case is that the ranger had reason to believe the gun he was carrying wasn't a "handgun." Not including the fact that he had painted the barrel of the gun orange. They had plenty of RS to detain in order to determine he was carrying lawfully. Keep in mind in TN, it's illegal to carry a handgun and a defense to this is if the person has a handgun carry permit (HCP). If I see anyone carrying a gun, I can stop and confirm they're carrying lawfully (by way of validating the permit). It took agents from the ATF to verify that Embody's gun was technically a "handgun" under law.