• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on a former poster

HvyMtl

Ok, Kwikrnu got banned here. That is not the point of the discussion, and please do not let it become the point of discussion.
His actions, however, do impact your legal rights in Tennessee. This is the "why" I am posting this. Not to crow, not to pout, not to berate him, but to inform you of what has occurred.

Kwikrnu was detained in Radnor Lake Park, a small park in southern Davidson County, Nashville, TN. He was carrying a Draco Pistol, a pistol based loosely on the AK-47. The Draco pistol was designed to be a pistol which shoots the 7.62x39 round the AK-47 shoots, while being the proper size to meet the legal definition of a pistol. The Draco looks very similar to a folding stock AK-47, and can be confused for it, particularly by those who have no knowledge of the Draco pistol. Kwikrnu was detained by Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agents, while they decided if what he was carrying was an illegal cut down of an AK-47, or a legal firearm. Please see older threads in the Tennessee section for the particulars.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15136192/park-ranger-wins-nashville-federal-gun-case

Kwikrnu's federal case has ended. The Judge ruled in favor of the Agent. Kwikrnu's State case is still active at this time.

Here is a link to the Judgement: http://dockets.justia.com/docket/tennessee/tnmdce/3:2010cv00126/46864/

Thundar

I read the opinion and I think the Judge was on solid ground for denying the 4A claim. The black robed knuckleheads have already made swiss cheese out of the 4th A. It is really hard to win a 4A case.

The judge is way off base citing Nordyke in equating a public park as a sensitive place. Shame on him! IMHO it is intellectually deficient, and would be overturned with a good attorney.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I read the opinion and I think the Judge was on solid ground for denying the 4A claim. The black robed knuckleheads have already made swiss cheese out of the 4th A. It is really hard to win a 4A case.

The judge is way off base citing Nordyke in equating a public park as a sensitive place. Shame on him! IMHO it is intellectually deficient, and would be overturned with a good attorney.

Doesn't Kwik generally act as his own attorney? Just askin'.

HvyMtl

Anyone have info on his State case? Google is at a loss.... XD

Thank you all for keeping this thread on topic.

Kirbinator

His defense should have cited US v Ubilies.

Did he leave a forwarding address? One might wonder how to contact him without the benefit of a private messaging system.

Last edited:

OC4me

I was thinking that one of the linked legal documents would surely have his address (or his attorney's address) but I didn't see anything. I know that Kwikenru posts on other forums. Maybe Google can find him somewhere and he could be PM'd via another forum. Good luck!

Last edited:

SgtScott31

His defense should have cited US v Ubilies.

Did he leave a forwarding address? One might wonder how to contact him without the benefit of a private messaging system.

One could cite Ubiles or a dozen other cases where a search was unlawful minus reasonable suspicion or probable cause. The difference with Embody's case is that the ranger had reason to believe the gun he was carrying wasn't a "handgun." Not including the fact that he had painted the barrel of the gun orange. They had plenty of RS to detain in order to determine he was carrying lawfully. Keep in mind in TN, it's illegal to carry a handgun and a defense to this is if the person has a handgun carry permit (HCP). If I see anyone carrying a gun, I can stop and confirm they're carrying lawfully (by way of validating the permit). It took agents from the ATF to verify that Embody's gun was technically a "handgun" under law.