Thread: Question about open carrying.

Question about open carrying.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I have a question about open carry laws in Kentucky. I'm 17 so I can't legally own a handgun, but my question is about the open carry of knives. Is there any laws specific to people under 18, and if not where can I legally open carry and conceal carry(if any) my knives?

Central KY
    Knives are considered a deadly weapon in KY. Regulation of knives can vary from city to city as there is no state preemption. If it were me, I'd wait til 18.

What was said previously is absolutely correct. That being said there are no state laws that I'm aware of that prohibit the open carrying of a knife by age. If you were to conceal any knife other than a pocket knife then you'd be guilty of a misdemeanor. So the local laws would be the deciding factors. That being said I've always carried a folding knife or multitool on my person from the age of 12 years old and have never had a problem. I used to walk around with a hunting knife on my belt when I was 16 as well. Was this "absolutely" legal? I've no idea, but I never had any problems either.
    Last edited by CharleyCherokee; 08-02-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed to whom it may concern.
    Why open carrying is a good idea: