• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i love when i watch cops and they find drugs- BG, "i don't know where that came from"

hammer6

i love when i watch cops and they find drugs- BG, "i don't know where that came from"

it would be soooo simple for a lot of these criminals on COPS to just refuse the cop's request to search their vehicle. i just watched an episode where the cop said- "you got anything illegal in your car?" guy says no. "mind if i search it?" sure enough he says yes, and 2 min later he's arrested for METH!?? wth??

ManInBlack

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: The use of methamphetamine or other illegal narcotics may impair your ability to exercise your rights when the time comes.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I always wondered what happens to the footage of someone that does insist on their rights, the cops reach an impasse, and have to leave without having done anything entertaining.

SFCRetired

1. Understand that "Cops", "Operation Repo", and "Canine, the Bounty Hunter" have as much application to reality as a good acid trip. Yeah, I grew up in the sixties. No, I didn't drop acid. Yes, I knew a lot of folks who did.

2. Why would the producers of "Cops" want to show you a citizen standing up for his/her rights? That would encourage the sheeple to question the authority of the police and to actually stand up for their rights.

3. I would have some strenuous objections to a television crew filming my interactions with a police agency and showing it without my express written permission. IANAL, but doesn't that usually require a signed release if the footage is used for commercial purposes?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
1. Understand that "Cops", "Operation Repo", and "Canine, the Bounty Hunter" have as much application to reality as a good acid trip. Yeah, I grew up in the sixties. No, I didn't drop acid. Yes, I knew a lot of folks who did.

2. Why would the producers of "Cops" want to show you a citizen standing up for his/her rights? That would encourage the sheeple to question the authority of the police and to actually stand up for their rights.

3. I would have some strenuous objections to a television crew filming my interactions with a police agency and showing it without my express written permission. IANAL, but doesn't that usually require a signed release if the footage is used for commercial purposes?

Don't worry. Just invoke your rights to the hilt. They'll never air one second of that encounter.

Every time the cop says, "If you have nothing to hide...", just turn to the camera and say, "Viewers, you can learn more about your rights from Prof. James Duane and FlexYourRights videos on YouTube." They'll probably turn the cameras off at that point.

Shovelhead

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: The use of methamphetamine or other illegal narcotics may impair your ability to exercise your rights when the time comes.

Sounds like Ron White (the comedian) telling his story of being drunk in publi-k.

"I had the right to remain silent............. but I didn't have the ability."

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Sometimes they really don't know where it came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN4ge1ovJPM

(I love how the cop looks directly back at the dashcam while digging in his shirt pocket for something that he then places in the subject's pants pocket, before withdrawing it and exclaiming, "Woohoo, weed!")

So freakin' typical.

"Stop resisting!"

"When a police officer tells you to get on the ground, you get on the ground!"

And then, of course, the plant...it seemed like the officer knew what he was doing...like he had done it before.

I wonder how many times a year this happens but no one finds out about it? I have a feeling that this is the rule rather than the exception.

Yard Sale

There was a reality show, 48 Hours, about big city homicide detectives investigating murders within the first couple days. They came up with a suspect who refused to speak to them on the phone, refused to let them in to his home, refused to talk to them at his door, and refused to visit them at the station. They got all hot and bothered but could do nothing as they lacked PC for a warrant. Finally, he walked in with a lawyer, who gave his alibi, then walked out. LIKE A BOSS!

dmatting

it would be soooo simple for a lot of these criminals on COPS to just refuse the cop's request to search their vehicle. i just watched an episode where the cop said- "you got anything illegal in your car?" guy says no. "mind if i search it?" sure enough he says yes, and 2 min later he's arrested for METH!?? wth??

I did see one episode of COPs where a guy in a pickup was pulled over. The cop asked him if he minded if she searched his truck and he said yes he did. She went ahead and searched it anyway because he had a pot plant sitting out in the open in the bed of the truck.

FireStar M40

If It Went Down As You Stated..

I'm not disputing what you said, but.. if it went down as you stated, then it was a illegal search and all the evidence has to be suppressed and thrown out.

Think about the question.. and then the answer to it.

FireStar M40