Thread: Armed burglar broke into a home and tied up a family in the middle of the night

Armed burglar broke into a home and tied up a family in the middle of the night

Residents say Kings Valley neighborhood is about as safe as they come.

ďThere is no crime in this neighborhood. Periodically there will be garbage that isnít picked up but thatís the extent of it,Ē Bill Murrey said.

Murrey lives in Kings Valley and serves on the neighborhood board.

He says what happened early Sunday morning is unlike anything that's happened before.

ďTo say the least Iím shocked. Itís a very tight knit neighborhood here and things just donít happen like this around here,Ē he said.

But in the family neighborhood, West Des Moines police say a man armed with a knife and wearing a ski mask broke into a home there Sunday morning around 1:30.

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-high-a...,1621899.story

Goes to show that no matter how "safe" you think you are, crime can and does happen at any time and place.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

LOL I guess they should teach there kid not to say "come in" to a knock at the door and 1:30 in the morning, ether they have the worlds dumbest kid or there more to the story

Quote Originally Posted by ComSec View Post
    LOL I guess they should teach there kid not to say "come in" to a knock at the door and 1:30 in the morning, ether they have the worlds dumbest kid or there more to the story
    Seems to me that no one in that family is too swift.