• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Teller County Resident finally sees the light...

PikesPeakMtnMan

I was checking out the online version of my hometown newspaper and the headline "Conceal Carry -- stepping up to duty" sure caught my eye.

The article is an opinion piece about what sounds like someone who finally realized that the only person responsible for his safety is himself.

It doesn't mention open carry whatsoever and I was unable to signup to comment on OC but at least it's a start....not that many people in Teller County aren't well armed already. (I read somewhere that 50% of residents said they are gun owners but the sheriff personally thought it was more like 75%...and no I don't have a cite for that, just something I read once)

Read it HERE.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Well sir, Teller county isn't 'that' far away from the civilized world.
Maybe what we oughtta do is arrange an open carry outing to Cripple Creek and talk with folks about OC while there.
Perhaps personally deliver an opinion article at the local newspaper while in the neighborhood.

Wonder if anybody would be up for a trip out to Cripple Creek, Victor and other hot spots in Teller county!?!?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Sounds like a good idea to me but what other "hot spots" are there??? I grew up in Woodland Park, nothing but little towns...oh yeah, and gambling....

Howdy Amigo!
I hear they really know how to swing in Guffy! Then there's Florrisant! Wow... talk about more excitement than a guy can handle without being catherized! And Victor? Well sir, now we're talking good times for sure!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

livetrapper13

Howdy Amigo!
I hear they really know how to swing in Guffy! Then there's Florrisant! Wow... talk about more excitement than a guy can handle without being catherized! And Victor? Well sir, now we're talking good times for sure!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Mountain Burger has some great shakes, and burgers of course. But then again they have already seen my gun-toting self a few times!