Thread: What!? Fbi cant for the lulz!!!

Red face What!? Fbi cant for the lulz!!!

So I was looking for a cross draw holster for my Ruger GP100 4" and I came across this.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...utm_medium=cse

They show you the different angles that the holster supports. To include the "FBI CANT"

At first I was like O_O but then I lol'd

Is that even possible to draw from? I had to look at it from a few different angles!
    Last edited by Schlitz; 08-02-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

That does look like an extremely uncomfortable position to draw from. For only $40 for a leather holster, I'd be a little wary about quality.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm not entirely sure it is possible. I don't think the human body can move that way.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I'm not entirely sure it is possible. I don't think the human body can move that way.
    "That's what she said!"
    On a more serious note, that looks more like something that would be used for cross-draw or that (spit) small-of-the-back draw.
    [edit] Okay, I visited the site... gahhh, that's horrid.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 08-02-2011 at 11:55 PM.

I don't know how current it is but this is what I came up with on a search for FBI issued holster. It looks to be only a 15 degree cant.

Attachment 6540

That's because 15 degrees is reasonable and makes sense....not damn near 90 degrees out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    That's because 15 degrees is reasonable and makes sense....not damn near 90 degrees out lol
    90 degrees would not even be concealable, somebody on that website made a fubar.

It is a nice looking holster though and a very reasonable price. Great reviews from the purchasers also. I do not like paddle holsters and I like some sort of safety snap even on a retention type holster. The previous issue holster also did not have a safety snap but was leather.

An FBI cant, is typically less than 20 degrees, though I've seen 30 degrees, also. Regardless, I would agree that pictured holster is NOT an FBI cant. It looks more like someone put an SOB holster on the wrong part of their belt.