• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What!? Fbi cant for the lulz!!!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
So I was looking for a cross draw holster for my Ruger GP100 4" and I came across this.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...SPG-5-NEXTAG&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=cse

They show you the different angles that the holster supports. To include the "FBI CANT"

148208i2_ts.JPG

At first I was like O_O but then I lol'd

Is that even possible to draw from? I had to look at it from a few different angles!

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
That does look like an extremely uncomfortable position to draw from. For only $40 for a leather holster, I'd be a little wary about quality.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I'm not entirely sure it is possible. I don't think the human body can move that way.

Fallschirjmäger

I'm not entirely sure it is possible. I don't think the human body can move that way.
"That's what she said!"
On a more serious note, that looks more like something that would be used for cross-draw or that (spit) small-of-the-back draw.
[edit] Okay, I visited the site... gahhh, that's horrid.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
That's because 15 degrees is reasonable and makes sense....not damn near 90 degrees out lol

WalkingWolf

That's because 15 degrees is reasonable and makes sense....not damn near 90 degrees out lol

90 degrees would not even be concealable, somebody on that website made a fubar.

It is a nice looking holster though and a very reasonable price. Great reviews from the purchasers also. I do not like paddle holsters and I like some sort of safety snap even on a retention type holster. The previous issue holster also did not have a safety snap but was leather.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
An FBI cant, is typically less than 20 degrees, though I've seen 30 degrees, also. Regardless, I would agree that pictured holster is NOT an FBI cant. It looks more like someone put an SOB holster on the wrong part of their belt.