Thread: Monday night Portland murder

Monday night Portland murder

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Port...the-chest.html

I am following this closely. yet another situation that justifies my decision to be an armed citizen of Portland.

My thoughts exactly, mg123. Especially since I live within a mile or so of the scene and have friends we visit frequently on the next street over...

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    exactly why my pistol is never more than a foot away from me. ever!. maine is getting more and more dangerous every day. this time 5 years ago we would hear of 1 shooting, or maybe a stabbing in the whole state. in the past 30 days almost 10 murders, 8 attempted murders, numerous assaults, dog attacks and a few rapes...........its hitting the fan ladies and gentlemen. welcome to the new compton :/
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Just once I'd like to see one of the "news reporters" be more specific. As in, "an UNARMED Portland man was murdered last night." Perhaps that would be a good letter-writing campaign. After every such story, the author and editor should get a flood of letters pointing out their error.

Agreed. It's utterly horrid how many incidences there have been just this spring.

This happened less than a mile from my own home. It seems like every few months some sort of terrible crime is committed on the streets of Portland (monument square death, cumberland st. beheading/fire etc.) Every day I remind myself why I chose to carry every day, no matter what.

sadly i fear its going to get a lot worse, might be seeing a lot more "almost drew" "had to draw" and maybe even a few horrifying "had to discharge" tthreads popping up in the next year or so
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    sadly i fear its going to get a lot worse, might be seeing a lot more "almost drew" "had to draw" and maybe even a few horrifying "had to discharge" tthreads popping up in the next year or so
    I would agree with that statement. Although, we MUST remember that if god forbid we ever need to draw or fire. We cannot post about it until our lawyer states we can. And yes, if that happens we do NEED to get a lawyer. Also, if you contact me ASAP we can help you.

I think that the rise in crime is directly related to the economy. Whether a person can afford it or not, santa is still going to make an appearance on December 25th.
    Last edited by shanebelanger; 08-04-2011 at 07:31 AM.

exactly. i would advise calling 911. then a lawyer. instantly. crime is going to go up. we are all going to be targets. stay aware. stay armed and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    exactly. I would advise calling 911. Then a lawyer. Instantly. Crime is going to go up. We are all going to be targets. Stay aware. Stay armed and stay safe.
    right on!!!

Xd-over

Unhappy A shooting at Mass and Congress?

Wow I grew up in that area. I hope this was a fluke and not an indication of how the area is today.