• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monday night Portland murder

carry for myself

exactly why my pistol is never more than a foot away from me. ever!. maine is getting more and more dangerous every day. this time 5 years ago we would hear of 1 shooting, or maybe a stabbing in the whole state. in the past 30 days almost 10 murders, 8 attempted murders, numerous assaults, dog attacks and a few rapes...........its hitting the fan ladies and gentlemen. welcome to the new compton :/

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Just once I'd like to see one of the "news reporters" be more specific. As in, "an UNARMED Portland man was murdered last night." Perhaps that would be a good letter-writing campaign. After every such story, the author and editor should get a flood of letters pointing out their error.

matthewg123

Agreed. It's utterly horrid how many incidences there have been just this spring.

This happened less than a mile from my own home. It seems like every few months some sort of terrible crime is committed on the streets of Portland (monument square death, cumberland st. beheading/fire etc.) Every day I remind myself why I chose to carry every day, no matter what.

carry for myself

sadly i fear its going to get a lot worse, might be seeing a lot more "almost drew" "had to draw" and maybe even a few horrifying "had to discharge" tthreads popping up in the next year or so :(

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
sadly i fear its going to get a lot worse, might be seeing a lot more "almost drew" "had to draw" and maybe even a few horrifying "had to discharge" tthreads popping up in the next year or so :(

I would agree with that statement. Although, we MUST remember that if god forbid we ever need to draw or fire. We cannot post about it until our lawyer states we can. And yes, if that happens we do NEED to get a lawyer. Also, if you contact me ASAP we can help you.

I think that the rise in crime is directly related to the economy. Whether a person can afford it or not, santa is still going to make an appearance on December 25th.

Last edited:

carry for myself

exactly. i would advise calling 911. then a lawyer. instantly. crime is going to go up. we are all going to be targets. stay aware. stay armed and stay safe.