Thread: Tell then what yout think about 2nd Amendment

28kfps

Tell them what you think about 2nd Amendment

Attorney General, Eric Holder, has already said this is one of his major issues. He does not believe the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time. Then pass the link on to all the pro gun folks you know. Hopefully these results will be published later this month. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court's accepting the District of Columbia case against the right for individuals to bear arms.

Here's what you need to do:

First - vote on this one.

Second - launch it to other folks and have THEM vote - then we will see if the results get published.

The Question is:
    "Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?"
    Click on the link below and PLEASE vote Yes!

USATODAY.com - Quick Question

I am not sure how to link this up to an OC posting. Google “USATODAY.com - Quick Question” and it will take you straight to it.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 08-07-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Done. 97% yea so far with 8+ million votes so far. That says something.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

That poll has been around a few years now. I think I have voted 100 times.

On google you can see from the link it's from 2007.

vote complied with.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 08-03-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Howdy Folks!
    I'm pretty sure that nobody anywhere is going to place much stock in such a poll.
    Considering one individual stated he voted like 100 times, the poll itself has no scientific validity whatsoever.
    Your time would be much better spent contacting your state and federal elected representatives to express your thoughts.
    Otherwise, you're just killing time. Really.

But if wasting time is entertaining in some way, go for it. Vote early and vote often. As often as you'd like, evidently.
    The poll will ultimately prove about as useful as a square dance caller at a funeral parlor!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    I'm pretty sure that nobody anywhere is going to place much stock in such a poll.
    Considering one individual stated he voted like 100 times, the poll itself has no scientific validity whatsoever.
    Your time would be much better spent contacting your state and federal elected representatives to express your thoughts.
    Otherwise, you're just killing time. Really.

But if wasting time is entertaining in some way, go for it. Vote early and vote often. As often as you'd like, evidently.
    The poll will ultimately prove about as useful as a square dance caller at a funeral parlor!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    There is no wasted time if you are doing something, anything to push the cause. It is hard enough to push people to get off their backsides and do something and this may be a start for some. The old saying of "lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" has never been more true.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    There is no wasted time if you are doing something, anything to push the cause. It is hard enough to push people to get off their backsides and do something and this may be a start for some. The old saying of "lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" has never been more true.

TBG
    Voting in a poll at USAtoday that was "news" over FOUR years ago IS "wasted time."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

28kfps
    I will mark this down as an Oops. I usually check these out before sending them on. Thanks to those that politely informed me of my dumb a$$ mistake. I received more replies to this than to most of my other postings. I am thinking there might be a clue here.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Voting in a poll at USAtoday that was "news" over FOUR years ago IS "wasted time."
    It is "HIS" time and I support him, and anyone else, spending their time how they want. I just might click that vote 100 times tomorrow

Can we just be supportive? we are 98% on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    It is "HIS" time and I support him, and anyone else, spending their time how they want. I just might click that vote 100 times tomorrow

Can we just be supportive? we are 98% on the same page.
    Yep even though its old, every time someone posts it I always check it out and vote. The one time I dont check it will turn out to be a new poll. Takes seconds to click a link and look.