• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CC Permit---Milwaukee---Serb Hall---$60

Outdoorsman1

Davegran,

I don't think whatever I say or do will make any difference because, I can see that you will probably find something negative about it. However, I am a man of my word and my invitation is still extended to you. I never asked for any type of endorsement from you just your honest assessment of our curriculum. I believe we provide a quality product.

Your challenge of what I think about that, I really don't. Life is too short to dwell on skeptical thoughts. Being in combat teaches you stuff like that doesn't really matter. So, if you would like to attend, I look forward to your introduction face to face.

Respectfully,
Anthony

Welcome... Glad to see you here....

Outdoorsman1

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Davegran,

I don't think whatever I say or do will make any difference because, I can see that you will probably find something negative about it. However, I am a man of my word and my invitation is still extended to you. I never asked for any type of endorsement from you just your honest assessment of our curriculum. I believe we provide a quality product.

Your challenge of what I think about that, I really don't. Life is too short to dwell on skeptical thoughts. Being in combat teaches you stuff like that doesn't really matter. So, if you would like to attend, I look forward to your introduction face to face.

Respectfully,
Anthony
Hi Mr. Lambert,
Welcome to the forum. Since I don't want to ever be rightly judged of being close-minded or of looking a gift horse in the mouth, I would be glad to accept your offer. I've been looking at the August schedule of classes and had a question concerning the specific content of the classes.

The class at The Courtyard Marriott in Rockford is the closest to me at 40 mi, and the class description is:
Armed Citizen Training Group, LLC is your exclusive source for the Utah CFP permit training. The Utah CFP training class takes 4 hours. Firing of a firearm is not required to obtain the Non-Resident Utah concealed carry permit. This permit is good in 29+ States. Getting your Utah Permit may make it easier obtaining your Illinois CCW Permit in the future.
The class in Sturtevant is a bit farther at 60 mi, and the class description reads:
Armed Citizen Training Group, LLC is your exclusive source for your Concealed and Carry Permit training. The CCW training class takes 4 hours. Topics covered: Firearms Safety, Function, Ammunition, and Legal Aspects and Considerations for carrying a firearm. All students receive Certificate of Training. Additionally, you will receive a stamped application for Utah Non-resident CFP permit, recognized in over 30 states. Our curriculum meets and exceeds State of Wisconsin training requirements.
Am I correct in saying that the course content is different depending on whether it is conducted in Illinois or Wisconsin? If that is the case, then I would obviously want to attend a Wisconsin class even though it is more driving. Please let me know so I can make a decision on a class site.

Thanks,

Hi Dave,

Pleasure to meet you. Yes, you are correct the course curriculum is alittle different. Our Illinois course touches on Wisconsin upcoming CCW on 01 Nov 11. Our courses in Wisconsin covers Basic Handgun which is a condensed version of the NRA based Basic Pistol, CCW Options, Real world senario based techniques, tactics, and procedures. We also show our students several techniques they can practice at home. Then, we go into detail regarding the use of force and use of deadly force laws, prohibited areas, legal aspects of CCW, training requirements, and application processing for both Utah and Wisconsin. We provide several resources for our students to keep updated on the laws. All students receive a serialized signed Certificate of Course Completion with our NRA Instructor Numbers and stamped Utah application.

Some of our students just want to apply for thier WI permit in Nov. We still encourage everyone to keep their Utah application just in case they change their mind down the road.

Any of our course locations in Wisconsin is open to you. Please visit our website and email me the date and location that best fits your schedule. I look forward to your feedback as we are always open to suggestions to make our courses better.

I know many out there are worried if the training they receive will be good to go for the WI permit. We have had 3 of the Wisconsin State Representatives attend our course and we didn't even know it until the end of class. We received nothing but positive feedback. They helped to write SB93. We've had judges and lawyers attend our courses. Nothing but praises about how we taught the law portion of class. But, we always strive to be better. Without our students we could not be a successful firearms training company. Thank you to all that have attended our courses CCW, Defensive Pistol, Tactical AR, Tactical Shotgun, NRA Basic Pistol, and more.

Respectfully,
Anthony Lambert, ACT Chief Instructor
www.armedcitizentraining.us

Cobra469

Thank you for the compliment Outdoorsman 1. If I can get 5 or more students, and can get a range that allows tactical movement, I will offer the NRA Personal Protection course. The range you are a member of could work if we could get a (temporary) plywood wall in place to simulate a bedroom wall inside a home.

Well count me in on the course. This time I will remember to bring a bunch of ammo (if live fire is part of the course). BTW thanks for the ammo MKEgal, I was confused on the range and thought it was a managed range that would have ammo for sale.

jpm84092

The cost to apply for a non-resident Utah CFP Permit is $65.00

Additional residual fees include getting a passport photo ($9 at Walgreen's) and any fingerprint fees.

MKEgal

jpm84092 said:
I will be returning to WI either on Labor Day weekend or the last weekend in September to offer the UT CFP course, NRA First Steps, NRA Basic Pistol, and if enough students are interested (and already have NRA Basic Pistol or have just taken it from me) NRA Personal Protection in the Home.
If it can be arranged, I may have with me another NRA Instructor who is also an IPSC Champion Shooter. (This part may or may not work out.)
From PMs, it's looking like Labor Day weekend (SEP 2-5),
& the IPSC champion is probably coming,
and please please please if any more of you want to take the PPITH course speak up!
So far it looks like 2 of us, & tolerant though he is I don't think Jim will run another 2-person class.

Glockface said:
I would like to know why the prices are different for the same courses?
Same reason some people get $500 for an instructor course & someone else only charges $200.
A combination of overhead, market pressure, & how much they want to make.
If you're meaning just a comparison of the 2 identical classes offered by the same company, that's been explained as overhead depending on the location.

jpm84092

The Yellow Cat will be posting within the next 24 hours with pricing and course schedules. However, in no event will an NRA course be more than MSRP for the textbook + instruction fee, ($30) + $30

Or in the case of the UT CFP Course no more than $40 depending on membership in WI Carry and Military service.

Except that the Personal Protection course fees will be higher due to the advanced tactical nature of the training and the complexity of training. I need to give this course some thought, but my initial thought is there will be one price for military who have NRA Basic Pistol (a prereguistie), another price for WI Carry members who have Basic Pistol (a prerequisite) and still another price for students who have an NRA Firearms Instructor rating and want the personal protection course for States like AZ or for their own resume. And yet another price for those with the NRA Pistol Course, but who are not members of WI Carry or the NRA or Military Veterans.

Carry on...

Deadscott

This is the Utah CC Permit---Milwaukee---Serb Hall---$60 topic, are you guys in the right thread?

If someone else from here is attending the Utah CC Permit---Milwaukee---Serb Hall---$60 class, some of us are meeting and greeting an hour before at Georges Webbs on 48th and Forest Home Ave. Join us if you can!

Glockface

I'm going to the Wis/Utah class on Aug-24 in Brookfield Wis 6-10pm 169th & Bluemound rd.
If anyone else wants to go hurry up and call!

Glockface

Only $20 more because of code ACT1 when you sign up.I had friends who could only make the Aug-24 class otherwise i would of done serb hall.

Outdoorsman1

The yellow cat with the M-4 will be teaching again in WI - that is unless Santana convinces him that WI does not deserve such low fees.

Jim.... Jim.... We both know santana is what he is... a NOBODY with a NOBODY'S opinion. His IGNORANCE is OUTSTANDING.....

We also both know that you are a better man (and the Yellow Cat with the M-4 is a better cat) and can rise above his stupidity.

As you always say.... If I may....

Carry on my friend, PROUDLY carry on....

Outdoorsman1

jpm84092

My apologies if I sounded unprofessional.

The Yellow Cat has posted his courses and fees. Prices went up a little bit from last time, but the range is still $10 for a Wounded or Disabled Vet to $40 for a newbie who is not a WI Carry member, spouse, or child of a member.