• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well this enforces my theory all along...

Ctclassic

Found this quite interesting. Kinda solidifies what I've been saying all the while. The LEO's with the attitudes thinks their the only ones with the right to carry on the hip.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------This guy was replying to someone else on another forum.----------------------

Please allow me to dispel your cheery viewpoint, though it does pain me to do so. I was a police officer for three years in a decent sized metro department. I also did some undercover work for a few other departments, both large and small. The reason that I am no longer a police officer is because I really could not stand seeing the daily trampling of the Bill of Rights that I hold so dear.

If you really believe that police officers believe that they are "on the same team" as those of us who legally carry, you are grossly mistaken. While there are undoubtedly officers who know and believe in Bill of Rights (I was one of them), the overwhelming majority believe that "civilians" (they mistakenly believe themselves otherwise) should not be running around with firearms. For most police officers, the gun is not a tool to be used for defense, but a symbol of power. Make no mistake: They do not like citizens legally carrying their greatest symbol of power.

KIX

They don't want Joe sixpack to have the same rights as them now, do they?

Jonathan

AGust82

Most cops definitely think they are of a higher, jedi-like, quality of humans than the rest of us. If you ever get a chance to eavesdrop on some officers talking shop, pay attention to how they refer to citizens. They call people civilians, suspects, or subjects. Little else.

KIX

Most cops definitely think they are of a higher, jedi-like, quality of humans than the rest of us. If you ever get a chance to eavesdrop on some officers talking shop, pay attention to how they refer to citizens. They call people civilians, suspects, or subjects. Little else.

I recall studies about this and positions of authority and "group think" mentality.

Jonathan

KIX

Damn Rich,

I'm sure your head is going to freaking explode.

I should start an account just to have some fun with ya!

Jonathan