Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Excellent pro-OC write up

  1. #1
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910

    Excellent pro-OC write up

    This is a great summary of the OC/CCW argument. Lots to learn from this.

    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...html#post68167

  2. #2
    Regular Member Ctclassic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Plainfield, CT, ,
    Posts
    172
    Spot on, I don't think he missed a thing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Hartford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    112
    thank you rich.

  4. #4
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Mainsail is a member of Open Carry and can be found on the Washington Forum. Great guy to know and has done much for Open Carry in the Tacoma area.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Mainsail is a member of Open Carry and can be found on the Washington Forum. Great guy to know and has done much for Open Carry in the Tacoma area.
    He's also originally from CT

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    This is a great summary of the OC/CCW argument. Lots to learn from this.

    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...html#post68167

    http://www.usacarry.com/connecticut_...formation.html

    Check out their "information" page on CT "Concealed Carry Weapons Permit"

  7. #7
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by larch View Post
    http://www.usacarry.com/connecticut_...formation.html

    Check out their "information" page on CT "Concealed Carry Weapons Permit"
    I know, I posted on the discussion on that, only one of my two posts was deemed worthy by a moderator apparently.

    That whole site is a gigantic mess. It is going to take a bunch of us some serious time to correct things there.

  8. #8
    Regular Member KIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    960
    Seems like there really isn't a lot there anyway.

    We have more active posts here in a week than they do in an entire year (CT Forum).

    Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

    Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    Seems like there really isn't a lot there anyway.

    We have more active posts here in a week than they do in an entire year (CT Forum).

    Jonathan
    I agree, but scanning through, there is a lot of misinformation in that forum.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shelton
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    I agree, but scanning through, there is a lot of misinformation in that forum.
    Yeah they do have some things wrong however they DO acknowledge Open carry being legal with a permit

    Open Carry:
    Prohibited in all public areas unless one has a permit.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mitola View Post
    Yeah they do have some things wrong however they DO acknowledge Open carry being legal with a permit
    Saw that, but they call it a concealed carry permit all over that same page and right below it there is an instructor who states how illegal and wrong open carry is.

    They seem to be very confused about carrying and bars and drinking.
    Last edited by Rich B; 08-04-2011 at 04:05 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member KIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    960
    Maybe if they spent some time in bars, drinking and partying, they wouldn't be so damn ornery!

    Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

    Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •