• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nice OC experience at Kessler's in Germantown

MKEgal

I added this to the thread about the store that banned carry once Act 35 became law (then complained about losing business), but figured it deserved its own thread...

Had a nice experience this afternoon at Kessler's Diamonds in Germantown (just NW of MKE).
www.kesslersdiamonds.com

I was trying to get info my insurance adjuster wants (about the jewelry that was stolen in the burglary Fri. night), I called Kessler's on County Line Rd. & 45 in Germantown to ask if they could help, & they said "sure, come on in!".

So I went.
Checked the doors on the way in, didn't say keep out.
Went to the desk, gave my name to the gal I'd talked w/ on the phone earlier (who did not freak out), she showed me to a table, gave me a chart to look at, & said she'd have a sales person come over in a couple minutes.

Pretty soon Bill Monday showed up & was quite helpful.
Even let me hold some of their very very pretty (& expensive!) diamonds...
:drool:
(Seriously, I was holding a $13,000 ring. Did I mention it was very pretty? And did I mention I was armed?)

((BTW, the hype about how much better their special cut is than the regular industry standard?
It's not hype.
They're really gorgeous, sparkly, colorful.))

Had a nice chat, yes he noticed I was armed, no he didn't freak,
no other employees freaked,
no police showed up,
all in all a very nice experience, and not just because of what didn't happen.

I told him I'd tell my friends how well-received & well treated I was, & encourage you to take your business there.
Also added them to www.friendorfoe.us (but the marker isn't in quite the right place).

Last edited:

protias

Perhaps one day I'll be in need of purchasing a ring? They will be on my short list of places to go. :)

bmwguy11

I apologize for bumping a 2 week old thread, but I wanted to mention that Kessler's is top notch. Between allowing OC, and what they offer I love it. Got the engagement ring there, and our wedding bands as well. My wife's wedding ring had an "arm" come off (one of the things that holds the diamond in) and she took it in there. They have a lifetime warranty, so they replaced the entire setting for free with a much stronger metal (platinum maybe?). Also can't beat free professional cleaning any time you stop by. :)

Lurchiron

I apologize for bumping a 2 week old thread, but I wanted to mention that Kessler's is top notch. Between allowing OC, and what they offer I love it. Got the engagement ring there, and our wedding bands as well. My wife's wedding ring had an "arm" come off (one of the things that holds the diamond in) and she took it in there. They have a lifetime warranty, so they replaced the entire setting for free with a much stronger metal (platinum maybe?). Also can't beat free professional cleaning any time you stop by. :)

+1 carat :shocker:

Zeus

Not a big jewelry fan nor is my wife but will definitely head Kessler's way if I need something. Great post. Sorry to hear about the burg MKEgal. You folks who hold your ground living downstate are some tough cookies. Good on ya ;)