Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18-20 Year Old Pistol Regulations and Rules

18-20 Year Old Pistol Regulations and Rules

GreenIsFaster's thread to CARRY a firearm under 21

Just clarifying for those who don't know, as I see misinformation everywhere on the internet.

18-20 year olds MAY possess a handgun under both FEDERAL and STATE law in WASHINGTON STATE.

18-20 year olds MAY purchase a handgun from a PRIVATE SELLER, but not from a FFL licensed dealer.

This next part is where most people are misinformed.

18-20 year olds MAY purchase HANDGUN AMMUNITION from a private seller, OR from a UNLICENSED FFL ammunition dealer.

Federal law only prohibits handgun ammunition sale to those under 21, by a FFL licensed dealer, therefore, "minors" can still purchase from an online dealer, provided that they do not have a FFL, nor do they sell firearms of any kind.

In conclusion. 18-20 year olds can LEGALLY possess, purchase, carry, and shoot handguns, accessories, ammunition, and whatever else.

Just wrote this just incase another "minor" comes along and has questions.

You are correct sir. But... All that gets thrown out the window (unfortunately) when you enter onto private property run by a private club. He broke no laws, that is not in dispute. The dispute lies in that there is not "official" policy with the Washington Arms Collectors regarding legal carrying of firearms by assosiate members (members between the ages of 18-20 years old).

We all want this to change so that he will be able to carry while at the gunshow, according to gunshow rules (properly zip-tied)
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    You are correct sir. But... All that gets thrown out the window (unfortunately) when you enter onto private property run by a private club. He broke no laws, that is not in dispute. The dispute lies in that there is not "official" policy with the Washington Arms Collectors regarding legal carrying of firearms by assosiate members (members between the ages of 18-20 years old).

We all want this to change so that he will be able to carry while at the gunshow, according to gunshow rules (properly zip-tied)
    And this has what to do with gaary's post? I didn't see Gary mentioning WAC at all?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I didn't even mention the WAC deal. That is a entirely different matter, in which I am not involved in.

All I wanted to do was provide information for anybody that happens to stroll by and is curious.

So calm down, I'm not trying to put more fuel on the fire on that certain issue.

Uh, sorry...? 18-20 year old carry is exactly what we were talking about in the other thread.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

Uh, sorry...? 18-20 year old carry is exactly what we were talking about in the other thread.
    In the other thread you were talkng about 18-20 years OCing in relation to an incident that occurred at a WAC. All Gary has done is post general information for those interested. There is no relation between the two threads.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Am I crazy? He even mentioned the same person. How is this not related?
    Certified Glock Armorer

Am I crazy? He even mentioned the same person. How is this not related?
    If you notice below, he was adding to GreenIsFaster's thread for under 21 carry. Click on the link and you will see it goes to a completely different thread, not related to WAC. This is the same URL GreenIsFaster has in his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by gaarry View Post
    GreenIsFaster's thread to CARRY a firearm under 21

Just clarifying for those who don't know, as I see misinformation everywhere on the internet.

Okay. Everybody. Calm. Down. DEEP BREATHS. There you go. That's good. Breathe in. Breathe out. Good.

Stop fighting. This thread does not concern that other one. That one is between you guys and you guys only. Don't be dragging me into this.

I'm just giving information because when I first tried to find information, there was no definite answer anywhere on the internet.

Have a nice day. And remember. DEEEP BREATHS buddy, don't have to get so defensive.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Okay. Everybody. Calm. Down. DEEP BREATHS. There you go. That's good. Breathe in. Breathe out. Good.

Stop fighting. This thread does not concern that other one. That one is between you guys and you guys only. Don't be dragging me into this.

I'm just giving information because when I first tried to find information, there was no definite answer anywhere on the internet.

Have a nice day. And remember. DEEEP BREATHS buddy, don't have to get so defensive.
    I like your sense of humor.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Correct me if I am wrong but 18-20 yo can only carry under certain circumstances. Your post seems to imply that they can carry just like anyone 21 and up. Stupid law but as far as I know it has not been changed.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but 18-20 yo can only carry under certain circumstances. Your post seems to imply that they can carry just like anyone 21 and up. Stupid law but as far as I know it has not been changed.
    I can see where you are coming, I can also sense what the OPs initial goal was. He just needs to add a few words in but I think he was trying to clear up misinfo about anyone under 21 not being allowed to buy or carry (in some circumstances) AT ALL.

Now correct me if I'm wrong.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    Thats why I have the very first line as a link

wow! very defensive some of u guys.haha. where is all the other info about 18-20 open carry. my search came up with no results

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    wow! very defensive some of u guys.haha. where is all the other info about 18-20 open carry. my search came up with no results
    Look at link in first post.

Basically, you can carry to, at, and from ranges, hiking, fishing, recreational activity.

thank you for the insight! the laws really need to be re-written. i can buy an ar-15 and pop off around 20 rounds in 4-5 seconds but i cant buy a ruger .22 that doesnt even hold 20 rounds? the government really has their stuff backwards....or completely off to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    thank you for the insight! the laws really need to be re-written. i can buy an ar-15 and pop off around 20 rounds in 4-5 seconds but i cant buy a ruger .22 that doesnt even hold 20 rounds? the government really has their stuff backwards....or completely off to begin with
    They'll come back with. OH NO. YOU'LL COMMIT A CRIME WITH A PISTOL, YOU CAN HIDE IT!

Give me a break. Those who commit crimes either use high powered rifles or ILLEGALLY OBTAINED handguns. Oh, and handguns don't kill. Compare that round to a 7.62 or even a 5.56 and you'd wish you were shot with a pistol round.

They'll come back with. OH NO. YOU'LL COMMIT A CRIME WITH A PISTOL, YOU CAN HIDE IT!

Give me a break. Those who commit crimes either use high powered rifles or ILLEGALLY OBTAINED handguns. Oh, and handguns don't kill. Compare that round to a 7.62 or even a 5.56 and you'd wish you were shot with a pistol round.
    WHAT?????????
    Better do some investigative research Bubba. Try 41 mag, 44 mag, 357 mag, .22 long. I have known people to be killed with these and lesser calibre.
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 08-06-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    WHAT?????????
    Better do some investigative research Bubba. Try 41 mag, 44 mag, 357 mag, .22 long. I have known people to be killed with these and lesser calibre.
    Lemme rephrase. Handguns are underpowered, compared to rifles. Better?

still needs some rewording there. but lets not turn this into a ****** swinging caliber argument lol though i still beg to differ on the underpowered part.
    Whoever thought switching to your sidearm was faster than reloading your rifle has never been hit in the **** with a swinging barrel.

You cant fight the Gorgatron with your keys all... willy nilly..

Let me attempt to put some water on this fire...

Any gun of any caliber can kill. Any object which can be used to inflict blunt force trauma can kill. It doesn't have to be a firearm of a certain caliber, or a projectile from a certain type of gun, it can still kill. Heck, my 14 pound bowling ball, that's sitting in my closet, can kill with one swift impact to the head. But wait, many may think "What the crap, a piece of sporting equipment? No way!" Well, sorry to break the news, but nowadays, anything can be used in just about any way to perpetrate whatever is desired to another human being. I don't need any sort of gun license to inflict harm on some guy, I could just just use a tire iron, or my car, or my fists, or an illegally possessed gun.

The law is the law, and on private property, rules are rules. Abide by the law, and either abide by a property owner's rules or leave that property. I don't exactly agree with WAC rules, but I obey them nonetheless (no matter how much I think I can get away with breaking them).

ANYWAY, back to the subject... Your questions are pretty much answered in the thread you linked. It's pretty simple, and GreenIsFaster exercises his rights within the law on a regular basis. Let him be the shining example of the rules and laws you want to know about!
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Let me attempt to put some water on this fire...

Any gun of any caliber can kill. Any object which can be used to inflict blunt force trauma can kill. It doesn't have to be a firearm of a certain caliber, or a projectile from a certain type of gun, it can still kill. Heck, my 14 pound bowling ball, that's sitting in my closet, can kill with one swift impact to the head. But wait, many may think "What the crap, a piece of sporting equipment? No way!" Well, sorry to break the news, but nowadays, anything can be used in just about any way to perpetrate whatever is desired to another human being. I don't need any sort of gun license to inflict harm on some guy, I could just just use a tire iron, or my car, or my fists, or an illegally possessed gun.

The law is the law, and on private property, rules are rules. Abide by the law, and either abide by a property owner's rules or leave that property. I don't exactly agree with WAC rules, but I obey them nonetheless (no matter how much I think I can get away with breaking them).

ANYWAY, back to the subject... Your questions are pretty much answered in the thread you linked. It's pretty simple, and GreenIsFaster exercises his rights within the law on a regular basis. Let him be the shining example of the rules and laws you want to know about!
    Are you talking to me? Because I already stated my uninvolvedment in the other topic. And this is totally different from CARRYING. This is to get the gun in the first place without going to jail for the next 25 years.

my point was that i dont see how i can buy say...a 50 caliber muzzle loader but not a 38 special.haha. i dont see the logic, it is such a downer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    What exactly is an "UNLICENSED FFL ammunition dealer"?
    Any website that does not have a FFL. Such as ammunitiontogo or ammoman or etc.

Basically, all they sell is ammo and accessories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast