• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

18-20 Year Old Pistol Regulations and Rules

Px4er

GreenIsFaster's thread to CARRY a firearm under 21

Just clarifying for those who don't know, as I see misinformation everywhere on the internet.

18-20 year olds MAY possess a handgun under both FEDERAL and STATE law in WASHINGTON STATE.

18-20 year olds MAY purchase a handgun from a PRIVATE SELLER, but not from a FFL licensed dealer.

This next part is where most people are misinformed.

18-20 year olds MAY purchase HANDGUN AMMUNITION from a private seller, OR from a UNLICENSED FFL ammunition dealer.

Federal law only prohibits handgun ammunition sale to those under 21, by a FFL licensed dealer, therefore, "minors" can still purchase from an online dealer, provided that they do not have a FFL, nor do they sell firearms of any kind.

In conclusion. 18-20 year olds can LEGALLY possess, purchase, carry, and shoot handguns, accessories, ammunition, and whatever else. :)

Just wrote this just incase another "minor" comes along and has questions.

SpyderTattoo

You are correct sir. But... All that gets thrown out the window (unfortunately) when you enter onto private property run by a private club. He broke no laws, that is not in dispute. The dispute lies in that there is not "official" policy with the Washington Arms Collectors regarding legal carrying of firearms by assosiate members (members between the ages of 18-20 years old).

We all want this to change so that he will be able to carry while at the gunshow, according to gunshow rules (properly zip-tied)

sudden valley gunner

You are correct sir. But... All that gets thrown out the window (unfortunately) when you enter onto private property run by a private club. He broke no laws, that is not in dispute. The dispute lies in that there is not "official" policy with the Washington Arms Collectors regarding legal carrying of firearms by assosiate members (members between the ages of 18-20 years old).

We all want this to change so that he will be able to carry while at the gunshow, according to gunshow rules (properly zip-tied)

And this has what to do with gaary's post? I didn't see Gary mentioning WAC at all?

Px4er

I didn't even mention the WAC deal. That is a entirely different matter, in which I am not involved in.

All I wanted to do was provide information for anybody that happens to stroll by and is curious.

So calm down, I'm not trying to put more fuel on the fire on that certain issue.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Uh, sorry...? 18-20 year old carry is exactly what we were talking about in the other thread.

In the other thread you were talkng about 18-20 years OCing in relation to an incident that occurred at a WAC. All Gary has done is post general information for those interested. There is no relation between the two threads.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Am I crazy? He even mentioned the same person. How is this not related?

If you notice below, he was adding to GreenIsFaster's thread for under 21 carry. Click on the link and you will see it goes to a completely different thread, not related to WAC. This is the same URL GreenIsFaster has in his signature.

GreenIsFaster's thread to CARRY a firearm under 21

Just clarifying for those who don't know, as I see misinformation everywhere on the internet.

Px4er

Okay. Everybody. Calm. Down. DEEP BREATHS. There you go. That's good. Breathe in. Breathe out. Good.

Stop fighting. This thread does not concern that other one. That one is between you guys and you guys only. Don't be dragging me into this.

I'm just giving information because when I first tried to find information, there was no definite answer anywhere on the internet.

Have a nice day. And remember. DEEEP BREATHS buddy, don't have to get so defensive.

sudden valley gunner

Okay. Everybody. Calm. Down. DEEP BREATHS. There you go. That's good. Breathe in. Breathe out. Good.

Stop fighting. This thread does not concern that other one. That one is between you guys and you guys only. Don't be dragging me into this.

I'm just giving information because when I first tried to find information, there was no definite answer anywhere on the internet.

Have a nice day. And remember. DEEEP BREATHS buddy, don't have to get so defensive.

I like your sense of humor. :D

joeroket

Correct me if I am wrong but 18-20 yo can only carry under certain circumstances. Your post seems to imply that they can carry just like anyone 21 and up. Stupid law but as far as I know it has not been changed.

OrangeIsTrouble

Correct me if I am wrong but 18-20 yo can only carry under certain circumstances. Your post seems to imply that they can carry just like anyone 21 and up. Stupid law but as far as I know it has not been changed.

I can see where you are coming, I can also sense what the OPs initial goal was. He just needs to add a few words in but I think he was trying to clear up misinfo about anyone under 21 not being allowed to buy or carry (in some circumstances) AT ALL.

Now correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Px4er

Thats why I have the very first line as a link ;)

BigRed

wow! very defensive some of u guys.haha. where is all the other info about 18-20 open carry. my search came up with no results

Px4er

wow! very defensive some of u guys.haha. where is all the other info about 18-20 open carry. my search came up with no results

Look at link in first post.

Basically, you can carry to, at, and from ranges, hiking, fishing, recreational activity.

BigRed

thank you for the insight! the laws really need to be re-written. i can buy an ar-15 and pop off around 20 rounds in 4-5 seconds but i cant buy a ruger .22 that doesnt even hold 20 rounds? the government really has their stuff backwards....or completely off to begin with

Px4er

thank you for the insight! the laws really need to be re-written. i can buy an ar-15 and pop off around 20 rounds in 4-5 seconds but i cant buy a ruger .22 that doesnt even hold 20 rounds? the government really has their stuff backwards....or completely off to begin with

They'll come back with. OH NO. YOU'LL COMMIT A CRIME WITH A PISTOL, YOU CAN HIDE IT!

Give me a break. Those who commit crimes either use high powered rifles or ILLEGALLY OBTAINED handguns. Oh, and handguns don't kill. Compare that round to a 7.62 or even a 5.56 and you'd wish you were shot with a pistol round.

Trigger Dr

They'll come back with. OH NO. YOU'LL COMMIT A CRIME WITH A PISTOL, YOU CAN HIDE IT!

Give me a break. Those who commit crimes either use high powered rifles or ILLEGALLY OBTAINED handguns. Oh, and handguns don't kill. Compare that round to a 7.62 or even a 5.56 and you'd wish you were shot with a pistol round.

WHAT?????????
Better do some investigative research Bubba. Try 41 mag, 44 mag, 357 mag, .22 long. I have known people to be killed with these and lesser calibre.

Last edited: