• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

18-20 Year Old Pistol Regulations and Rules

.45ACPaddy

Let me attempt to put some water on this fire...

Any gun of any caliber can kill. Any object which can be used to inflict blunt force trauma can kill. It doesn't have to be a firearm of a certain caliber, or a projectile from a certain type of gun, it can still kill. Heck, my 14 pound bowling ball, that's sitting in my closet, can kill with one swift impact to the head. But wait, many may think "What the crap, a piece of sporting equipment? No way!" Well, sorry to break the news, but nowadays, anything can be used in just about any way to perpetrate whatever is desired to another human being. I don't need any sort of gun license to inflict harm on some guy, I could just just use a tire iron, or my car, or my fists, or an illegally possessed gun.

The law is the law, and on private property, rules are rules. Abide by the law, and either abide by a property owner's rules or leave that property. I don't exactly agree with WAC rules, but I obey them nonetheless (no matter how much I think I can get away with breaking them).

ANYWAY, back to the subject... Your questions are pretty much answered in the thread you linked. It's pretty simple, and GreenIsFaster exercises his rights within the law on a regular basis. Let him be the shining example of the rules and laws you want to know about!

Px4er

Let me attempt to put some water on this fire...

Any gun of any caliber can kill. Any object which can be used to inflict blunt force trauma can kill. It doesn't have to be a firearm of a certain caliber, or a projectile from a certain type of gun, it can still kill. Heck, my 14 pound bowling ball, that's sitting in my closet, can kill with one swift impact to the head. But wait, many may think "What the crap, a piece of sporting equipment? No way!" Well, sorry to break the news, but nowadays, anything can be used in just about any way to perpetrate whatever is desired to another human being. I don't need any sort of gun license to inflict harm on some guy, I could just just use a tire iron, or my car, or my fists, or an illegally possessed gun.

The law is the law, and on private property, rules are rules. Abide by the law, and either abide by a property owner's rules or leave that property. I don't exactly agree with WAC rules, but I obey them nonetheless (no matter how much I think I can get away with breaking them).

ANYWAY, back to the subject... Your questions are pretty much answered in the thread you linked. It's pretty simple, and GreenIsFaster exercises his rights within the law on a regular basis. Let him be the shining example of the rules and laws you want to know about!

Are you talking to me? Because I already stated my uninvolvedment in the other topic. And this is totally different from CARRYING. This is to get the gun in the first place without going to jail for the next 25 years.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
popcorn.gif

BigRed

my point was that i dont see how i can buy say...a 50 caliber muzzle loader but not a 38 special.haha. i dont see the logic, it is such a downer!!!!

amlevin

Any website that does not have a FFL. Such as ammunitiontogo or ammoman or etc.

Basically, all they sell is ammo and accessories.

Are you SURE these sites don't have an FFL????

Ammoman sure goes to a lot of work to make sure that age is verified. Either "proof of age" is on file with them or they send the shipment via UPS with "Adult Signature Required".

With the amount of ammo they import on these sites I'd be more inclined to believe they DO have FFL's.

The guy at the lawnmower repair shop that buys at estate sales or flea markets and sells in his shop doesn't need an FFL.

tombrewster421

Are you SURE these sites don't have an FFL????

Ammoman sure goes to a lot of work to make sure that age is verified. Either "proof of age" is on file with them or they send the shipment via UPS with "Adult Signature Required".

With the amount of ammo they import on these sites I'd be more inclined to believe they DO have FFL's.

The guy at the lawnmower repair shop that buys at estate sales or flea markets and sells in his shop doesn't need an FFL.

It's a good thing that 18 is considered an adult for shipping purposes.

Px4er

Ammoman and other websites like that do not read fully into federal law. One has to look very close to see that only FFL holders need follow the 21 rescriction.

I know for sure that ammunitiontogo does not have an FFL.

Dogbait

Ammoman and other websites like that do not read fully into federal law. One has to look very close to see that only FFL holders need follow the 21 rescriction.

I know for sure that ammunitiontogo does not have an FFL.

Sources? I would like to read about it

Sent from my HTC EVO

Px4er

Sources? I would like to read about it

Sent from my HTC EVO

(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver:

(1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age;

http://www.nraila.org/federalfirearms.htm#Sec. 922

Last edited: