Thread: coming thru your state

coming thru your state

we are going to be driving down to Charlotte and i was wondering what the rules are for carrying while driving and if any special laws exist for charlotte. I will be conceal carrying though and i have a VA CHP which i read that NC recognizes it. My biggest question is do i have to have my guns in a compartment while driving? or can we just leave them on the dash?

If you have a VA CHP, you are good to go in NC. You can carry it on your hip, where it belongs, while in your vehicle.

Just remember that if for some reason you get pulled over, you need to have your permit and DL for the LEO, and you must inform him you 1) have a permit, and 2) are currently carrying.

Good luck, and stay safe.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

And you can carry in any condition your comfortable with carrying (1-4).
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

well we went to Concord mills, Akea, and some south mall on eastway st? we were down there for 10 hrs (my feet and legs will pay tomorrow) and i concealed carry the entire time, no odd stares, no question and it was printing a lil bit. WOW is it ever hot down yonder too.i think i seen my cars thermometer say 100. that area around the wouth mall had some NICE houses too...

Angry Concord Mills

Most malls like Concord Mills has a sign on a board at some of the entrances that no firearms allowed, open or concealed.. I always go to where I woun't have to give up a civil right to shop there!