• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

coming thru your state

Snazuolu

we are going to be driving down to Charlotte and i was wondering what the rules are for carrying while driving and if any special laws exist for charlotte. I will be conceal carrying though and i have a VA CHP which i read that NC recognizes it. My biggest question is do i have to have my guns in a compartment while driving? or can we just leave them on the dash?

Dreamer

If you have a VA CHP, you are good to go in NC. You can carry it on your hip, where it belongs, while in your vehicle.

Just remember that if for some reason you get pulled over, you need to have your permit and DL for the LEO, and you must inform him you 1) have a permit, and 2) are currently carrying.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Snazuolu

well we went to Concord mills, Akea, and some south mall on eastway st? we were down there for 10 hrs (my feet and legs will pay tomorrow) and i concealed carry the entire time, no odd stares, no question and it was printing a lil bit. WOW is it ever hot down yonder too.i think i seen my cars thermometer say 100. that area around the wouth mall had some NICE houses too...

concealnc.com

Concord Mills

Most malls like Concord Mills has a sign on a board at some of the entrances that no firearms allowed, open or concealed.. I always go to where I woun't have to give up a civil right to shop there!