• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I volunteer to serve on this firing squad. How about you?

Will you serve on this firing squad?

• Absolutely. Can't let these live to breed.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunslinger

Let's just hope that no one decides that you are in need of "retribution." No matter how wrong they are, you will still be dead if the law cannot stop it. Attitudes like those presented in this thread contribute to the law not being able to stop such "retribution."

As I would not be in this despicable situation, if for some other reason someone decided to attack me, I hope he has his affairs in order. I do not depend on "the law" to protect me.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

+1

Would like to ad that what our law has morphed into, is not what was originally intended.

And since Eye says he is christian than he must have studied the biblical principles that acknowledged the same things we have discussed here. :rolleyes: Like the city of Refuges set up solely for the purpose that if you killed someone even accidently and didn't immediately run to one you didn't take human life seriously enough you could rightfully be killed, "why" because they recognize the human need and desire for "justice" and the powerful emotions involved. Something our courts try to take out of the justice system and insist everything needs to be black and white with no emotional attachments, totally skipping the reality of what people actually face. And why as a jury I would never convict a father/mother who might have gave in to the reasonable urges of justice when it comes to their child.

(P.S. as a disclaimer though, I would also insist that the guilty party was absolutely guilty)

Well put.

eye95

*watches the point go winging by, uncaught*

No matter. When I post a differing POV, I rarely expect to have any effect on the belief system of the person to whom I am posting. I am hoping that a little common sense and reason posted by me in response to emotional, ill-considered reactions will make one or two other posters pause and reflect.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
*watches the point go winging by, uncaught*

No matter. When I post a differing POV, I rarely expect to have any effect on the belief system of the person to whom I am posting. I am hoping that a little common sense and reason posted by me in response to emotional, ill-considered reactions will make one or two other posters pause and reflect.

Yes, that's it. The rest of us are just a bunch of thoughtless boobs awaiting Eye95's wisdom to make us pause and reflect--things we wouldn't or couldn't possibly have done without the beneficent wisdom he bestows on us.

Jeezus, what ****ing arrogance.

Was that another one of your carefully crafted posts, Eye95?

I actually put a great deal of effort into crafting each and every post.

Post #10 http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93394-Birthers-here-we-go-again...&

Last edited: