Thread: Problem with "Go To First New Post Buttons'

Unhappy Problem with "Go To First New Post Buttons'

Is anyone besides me having a problem with the Go To First New Post Buttons?

When I click on the new post button it takes me to the top of the last page I have been to. Then I have to scroll down to find the new post I haven't read.

And with my old brain sometimes I read a few old posts before I Realize I already been here.

I've been having the same problem sporadically for the last week or two. Not all threads, not all the time.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Banned
    I think it is just being slow to adjust the position on the page. If I am patient, it goes to the correct post. If I am not, I will be in the middle of reading another post when the page starts unexpectedly scrolling.

What browser are you using? I am using Firefox and just recently got an upgrade. I suspect that some facet of the updated browser is not perfectly compatible with the feature that scrolls to the first unread post.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I think it is just being slow to adjust the position on the page. If I am patient, it goes to the correct post. If I am not, I will be in the middle of reading another post when the page starts unexpectedly scrolling.

What browser are you using? I am using Firefox and just recently got an upgrade. I suspect that some facet of the updated browser is not perfectly compatible with the feature that scrolls to the first unread post.
    Initially I thought it mightbe just slow, but that is not the case it doesn't move. Sometimes I can use the back button and hit new post again and it functions properly. Other times that doesn't work either.

I'm using IE 9.

I have not had any issues, I am running IE9. Perhaps you click the button before the page fully loads? The hashmark/jumpto feature in browsers normally does not exeucte untill the page has fully loaded (since the page needs to be fully rendered to make sure the anchor or jumpto location exists). If you look at the URL does it have #[postnumber] in it after clicking the button?