• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

joplin open carry

xdman

thoughts suggestions will be greatly appreicated. would like to get a group together in the near future.

EyeHog

I'd be up for giving it another shot. Last one didn't go to well, I think one guy showed (and it wasn't me).

Weekend evening usually work well, just about anytime. Our choices of venues are a little more limited now.

jeremyxd

Would Attend !! Let's get it planned !!

Firefighter524, I'm guessing you heard the discussion on KZRG this morning?

I am going to work to make this happen in the Joplin area. I am new to this site but have had my CCW for 8 years and I am an avid outdoorsman that likes to hunt and carry a weapon for the protection of me and my family.

Firefighter524

Negitive didn't hear KZRG. But I am from the Webb City area also an avid outdoors man I currently do not have my ccw ( taking my class in a month ) but I do open carry.

Firefighter524

Shooting Range ???

So I know this is totally off subject but ... does anyone know of a decent shooting range in the joplin area. That might be a good Idea for a meet. Have a shooting range meet and if someone knows of one I'd be more than happy to contact them and make arrangements or possibly reserve the range

jeremyxd

The only one I know of is on Coyote road just south and west of Freeman Hospital a mile or so. however, I think that may be an LEO only range. Don't see many people out there often. Other than that, I really do not know of one close. The bunker in Wyandotte has one but I heard they closed (And they are in OK). I hear Missouri Southern has a nice state of the art range, but I am sure it is for private use only. I guess I'm not much help here. Sorry....

Firefighter524

I'll contact MIssouri Southern Today and find out. Mr. Cowdin the academy instructor. Maybe I can pull some strings. My only question is is that still considered a school zone ?????

xdman

joplin oc

there are ranges that are member only like joplin rifle and pistol club. when will we be trying to do a open carry meet up?

xdman

oc meet times

well then its time to start thinking of when and where everyone wants to go to make this meet happen

13lackfir3

oc group in joiplin?

I think it would be great to have an open carry group in Joplin. lets get this group going, even if its just a few people.

xdman

joplin open carry meet

anyone in the Joplin area interested in a meeting april 20th 2013 at starbucks at 3324 south rangeline rd