• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

joplin open carry

xdman

starbucks open carry meet

4/19/13 at 6pm will work just fine this may be a small meeting im not sure who all is coming but looking forward to meeting like minded people.

13lackfir3

It was nice to meet xdman, and open carry for my first time. Hope we can have some more ppl show up at the next gathering.

MONationalGuard

My name is Taylor and I am a member of the MO National Guard. I just turned 20 and I was given a pistol as a gift from my father as a wedding gift when I got married in april at 19. It is a Springfield XD 9mm, I have a holster for it and for two of my four magazines. My magazine sizes are two 16 and two 10 round mags. Based on my research of the laws I am allowed to open carry in Joplin and while driving, except where their are posted signs and school areas and such. I would not have a magazine in the gun or a round in the chamber. It would stay in my holster, the same with my magazines, they would stay in their holster. Their aren't any problems with this is their? I can legally do this correct?

mspgunner

My name is Taylor and I am a member of the MO National Guard. I just turned 20 and I was given a pistol as a gift from my father as a wedding gift when I got married in april at 19. It is a Springfield XD 9mm, I have a holster for it and for two of my four magazines. My magazine sizes are two 16 and two 10 round mags. Based on my research of the laws I am allowed to open carry in Joplin and while driving, except where their are posted signs and school areas and such. I would not have a magazine in the gun or a round in the chamber. It would stay in my holster, the same with my magazines, they would stay in their holster. Their aren't any problems with this is their? I can legally do this correct?

The "ONLY" way to carry a firearm is with one in the chamber, otherwise it is no better then a club. There are NO restrictions in Misoouri in that regard.

logunowner

The "ONLY" way to carry a firearm is with one in the chamber, otherwise it is no better then a club. There are NO restrictions in Misoouri in that regard.

Agree 100%...My thoughts are that if you are not comfortable carry a loaded weapon, carry is not for you.

13lackfir3

There is an meet and greet of carriers this Sunday September the 22 at woodys smoke house. If any one cares to join us.

Boba Fett

There is an meet and greet of carriers this Sunday September the 22 at woodys smoke house. If any one cares to join us.

Ack! I need more advance notice! I have an hour and a half drive to Joplin! My best friend lives over there, so I wouldn't mind driving in sometime, I just need a week or so to plan it. :/

I have 2-4 friends near Neosho who want to start going to the Joplin OC meet-ups.

Last edited: