• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Concealed Carry Legislation before U.S. Senate

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It probably won't get far, but it'll be worth it just to hear Pelosi whine about States' rights again.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
I don't see how the Congress can generally invalidate state concealed carry bans - only the states possess the general police powers, not the Congress. If one accepts the proposition that Congress can invalidate state criminal laws, then you must accept the prioposition that the Congress can impose general criminal laws across the United States, e.g., a heath insurance mandate, or a ban on concealed carry in every state.

jt59

.....<snip> then you must accept the prioposition that the Congress can impose general criminal laws across the United States, e.g., a heath insurance mandate, or a ban on concealed carry in every state.

I wouldn't subscribe to either, but Health insurance is a different application in how it is being described as illegal and they pretty much have a ban in every state with the school zone law....don't they?