• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New sign at the Independence Golden Corral

ChiangShih

IMG00411-20110729-1214.jpg

Not sure how long it has been up. I OCed there a couple times when it first opened. Went back last week and saw this sign.

randyj

Me too..

Yep...no more money from my family. We really enjoy eating there too. Just got done sending Corporate a nicely worded email expressing my thoughts on the matter.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yep...no more money from my family. We really enjoy eating there too. Just got done sending Corporate a nicely worded email expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Did anyone else attempt to send an email or call Golden Corral? I have carried here in VA, no problems. randyJ, would you mind posting your email and their response once they reply? Thanks.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
All you guys that emailed should edit your posts and add the emails that you sent. It would be interesting to see what approach everyone took.

jlb27537

MO statute says: Any private property whose owner has posted the premises as being off-limits to concealed firearms by means of one or more signs displayed in a conspicuous place of a minimum size of eleven inches by fourteen inches with the writing thereon in letters of not less than one inch.

Is that sign that big and are the letters 1"? Can some one measure it?

Thanks Jim
TX CCL

Jim40Cal

On August 5th My wife and I along with my three children went to the Golden Corral where we have eaten many times and soon discovered there was a no weapon's sign on the door. As a Vietnam Veteran I find this appalling since your so good to Veterans on Veterans day. For you to re-strick my right to protect my wife and children makes me furious. I hope you reconsider your stance on our rights as neither my family or family members will be spending money at Golden Corral. Thank you. James.. Open Carry of Missouri

xc9subcompact

MO statute says: Any private property whose owner has posted the premises as being off-limits to concealed firearms by means of one or more signs displayed in a conspicuous place of a minimum size of eleven inches by fourteen inches with the writing thereon in letters of not less than one inch.

Is that sign that big and are the letters 1"? Can some one measure it?

Thanks Jim
TX CCL

One of the reasons for the statute requiring a big noticable sign was to make the sign obnoxious. These hopolophobes want to post, but they don't want to make it too obvious since they know it discourages people. They are trying to walk a fine line. I hope some of the emails point out the need for a bigger sign. Then they can get tired of it's looks like Schnucks did and take them down.

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
Wow that's pretty horrible, to say we support veterans yet you tell Veterans and current military, and regular folks they can't conceal or OC there. I'm with everyone else and will not support restaraunts I go to regularly if they post the sign up.