Thread: Darius Miles gets caught with a loaded gun at a St. Louis airport

Darius Miles gets caught with a loaded gun at a St. Louis airport

Article.

There is NO federal law prohibiting the carry of a firearm at an airport in the areas prior to TSA's security screening checkpoints. Municipality/state laws apply, and it's LEGAL in 38 out of our 50 United States of America.

Darius' mistake wasn't that he was caught with a loaded firearm at the airport as the headline states in a very deceptive manner. I take mine to the airport all the time, and yes, it's loaded. It's that he tried taking it past TSA's security checkpoint.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I OC at the Spokane airport several times per year. I was picking up my son and family home on leave. I simply stay away from the TSA check points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OC at GEG.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	6571  
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 08-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.

does it matter which sort of weapon was seized? It was loaded, people. Loaded. The guy had a loaded gun on him. To take into an airplane. Possibly a california pizza kitchen before that, but definitely to take into an airplane eventually, whether it was stuck on his hip or on his carry-on luggage.
    omg!?!?! He took a gun into a pizza kitchen!?!?! Who are these people!!! This guy was one real sick f*#$%
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    omg!?!?! He took a gun into a pizza kitchen!?!?! Who are these people!!! This guy was one real sick f*#$%
    No, this guy is just one of a long list of "celebrities", "professional athletes", etc. who think the laws do not apply to them. Think back over the last thirty years or so and see if you don't recall quite a few like this individual. It would also seem that, the more money they rake in, the more they think they are above the law.

It's really a strange story when you think about it. Everyone knows you can't take a gun on an airplane. It is common knowledge. What did the guy think the metal detectors were for? I don't think it has much to do with him being a semi-famous former NBA player. I think he just wasn't all together there or he was REALLY ignorant about airport rules.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    No, this guy is just one of a long list of "celebrities", "professional athletes", etc. who think the laws do not apply to them. Think back over the last thirty years or so and see if you don't recall quite a few like this individual. It would also seem that, the more money they rake in, the more they think they are above the law.
    I was joking lol. I don't think it is illegal to take a gun into a pizza kitchen...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

Does it matter which sort of weapon was seized? It was loaded, people. Loaded. The guy had a loaded gun on him. To take into an airplane.
    And? Millions of people carry every day and we don't have problems with the law abiding ones. I don't see why we can't have firearms on airplanes.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I was joking lol. I don't think it is illegal to take a gun into a pizza kitchen...
    Of course it is. You don't think an Italian mamma is going to let you have a more ferocious weapon than her large ladle/spoon/knife, do you?

No, I'm not Italian, but I have a couple of good friends who are first-generation Americans and whose parents came from Italy. Their mothers were very nice ladies, but you did not want to get them really angry.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    And? Millions of people carry every day and we don't have problems with the law abiding ones. I don't see why we can't have firearms on airplanes.
    I carried into a bank, post office, gas station, mall, city hall, and Taco Bell today and no one was killed, shot, or bludgeoned with a .40 S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by chcknhawk View Post
    I carried into a bank, post office, gas station, mall, city hall, and Taco Bell today and no one was killed, shot, or bludgeoned with a .40 S&W.
    Wait...back up....You carried in a Post Office? Seriously?
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    Post Office carry....WIN

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    Wow, I didn't even catch that the first time. I am going to guess that he didn't actually carry in the post office but the post office was part of his journey? He has to know firearm carry on postal property is illegal. Just in case here's the law.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Activist Member
    Just in case here's the law.
    This is the regulation pertaining particularly to post offices: 39 CFR 232.1 - http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_20...39cfr232.1.htm No signage required, and parking lot is off limits too if it is postal property.

(l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may
    carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either
    openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for
    official purposes.
    However, there are "contract postal units" which are not run by the post office that many people might refer to as post offices as they do post office business. These locations are in grocery stores and the like, and they are not postal property.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 08-05-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    I OC at the Spokane airport several times per year. I was picking up my son and family home on leave. I simply stay away from the TSA check points.
    I have carried to SEATAC several times too, no issues, While wearing shorts and t-shirt and "flip-flops" I was still asked what "agency" I was with.

They were talking about this incident on KISW yesterday and when the cast was talking about how does this guy not know, the black DJ said he must not have any white friends...... I know it was said in jest and was funny, but still hints at how many perceive and stereo type gun owners.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    They were talking about this incident on KISW yesterday and when the cast was talking about how does this guy not know, the black DJ said he must not have any white friends...... I know it was said in jest and was funny, but still hints at how many perceive and stereo type gun owners.
    ... as in Darius was not smart enough to research and understand the law all by himself? Talk about a racist remark!

I was watching Franklin & Bash and the two supporting actors (Indian man, black woman) were arguing with each other and the black woman called the indian man a racist and the indian man responded with, "I can't be a racist, I am not white." And therein lies the crux of the matter ... in America, the only racists are white folks, and no one else can be one?

Of course, I am a white American, so I guess I shouldn't be offended by any of this?

Oh, lord, now I am totally cornfused! Or, in other words, damned if I do and damned if I don't.
    Last edited by okboomer; 08-06-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    ... as in Darius was not smart enough to research and understand the law all by himself? Talk about a racist remark!

I was watching Franklin & Bash and the two supporting actors (Indian man, black woman) were arguing with each other and the black woman called the indian man a racist and the indian man responded with, "I can't be a racist, I am not white." And therein lies the crux of the matter ... in America, the only racists are white folks, and no one else can be one?

Of course, I am a white American, so I guess I shouldn't be offended by any of this?

Oh, lord, now I am totally cornfused! Or, in other words, damned if I do and damned if I don't.
    According to that logic, although I appear to be pure Caucasian, I am not and therefore cannot be racist.

BS, some of the most racist people I have met are several skin shades other than "White". One of the worst I ever personally had contact with was a African American woman in the Panhandle of Texas who was teaching her children that "White Men are evil".
    Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 08-10-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I have carried to SEATAC several times too, no issues, While wearing shorts and t-shirt and "flip-flops" I was still asked what "agency" I was with.
    I'm amused whenever people ask me, "are you a cop?" My ponytail says "No."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    ..snip.. "White Men are evil".
    To think that here all along I thought it was Black Guns that were evil.

I'm so confused.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.