Thread: Define: Concealed

Question Define: Concealed

I know delaware is an open carry state, yet from what I've read you can't opencarry in a few places. (Dover)

Does anyone know where the law defines "Concealed?" Can you print? buldge? "Briefly display?"

On a side note, has anyone here OC'd in Smyrna?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Different states have different rules on printing with a HG. You can look it up on USgunlaws.com (check the URL).

Problem is, if you print even if it's legal, you risk a 'concerned citizen' calling in a MWAG and getting proned out and even arrested (if the citizen lies and says you brandished, for ex.).

IMO, if you CC you should be very concealed, no flapping shirt, etc. You do not want someone knowing and possibly an 'anti-' calling you in and telling a story on you.

$.02
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Different states have different rules on printing with a HG. You can look it up on USgunlaws.com (check the URL).
    Did you mean http://handgunlaw.us ?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post

Problem is, if you print even if it's legal, you risk a 'concerned citizen' calling in a MWAG and getting proned out and even arrested (if the citizen lies and says you brandished, for ex.).

IMO, if you CC you should be very concealed, no flapping shirt, etc. You do not want someone knowing and possibly an 'anti-' calling you in and telling a story on you.

$.02
    Yep - you should hide your gun well, never give anyone a clue that you are carrying. Wouldn't want to offend anyone or cause yourself a temporary inconvenience

This is an open carry forum. We promote, defend and further the cause - why are you here?

Here's your $.02 back
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Couldn't all these bad things and MWAG calls happen if I was open carrying?

I'm just more concerned with if I go into Dover and my gun prints or the barrel shows under my shirt line. Am I going to get the dogs called on me? (Dover is not OC, no state preemption.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

Stay outta Dover or don't carry there. Too much MD influence in DE anyway... both cops and 'anti's'.

don't carry there? Why not?