Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Chesterfield fair - no firearms (for vendors).

  1. #1
    Regular Member doug23838's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    302

    Chesterfield fair - no firearms (for vendors).

    This is from the "vendor package" for the Chesterfield County Fair. However the prohibition never appears (that I could find) for fair attendees.

    http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/#

    Fairgrounds are located on County owned property.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-field-fair-rules.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	6573  

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Good that citizens can arm themselves and enjoy the fair. Shame that vendors can't also exercise their right to defend themselves.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  3. #3
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    UGH!

    I thought that I got this fixed last year.

    Stand by....
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  4. #4
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Preemption

    Quote Originally Posted by doug23838 View Post
    This is from the "vendor package" for the Chesterfield County Fair. However the prohibition never appears (that I could find) for fair attendees.

    http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/#

    Fairgrounds are located on County owned property.
    Where in 15.2-915 does it say except vendors?

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Where in 15.2-915 does it say except vendors?
    Here we go again. The Chesterfield County Fair is not operated by the County of Chesterfield. (I don't think there is a county fair in the entire Commonwealth that is operated by the county government. I could be wrong.)

    I agree that the prohibition against firearms is less than intelligent. (I promised Momma I would not call it "stupid".) But - here's a thought - http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/board.htm and in case you missed the link there, here's a link directly to the way to change things: http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/FairBoardApp.pdf . Now I suppose trying for a seat on the Board of Directors might be too much for some folks to want to go through. That's OK, because you can still get your voice heard (just not with as much weight individually) this way http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/membership.htm .

    Now what would happen if all (a lot of, some of, more than one) the OCDO members who live in Chesterfield became members of The Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.?

    With sincere apologies to Arlo Guthrie:

    And the only reason I'm
    singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar
    situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a
    situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into
    the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. wherever you are, just walk in say "Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc., You should
    allow vendors to carry firearms legally and responsibly.". And walk out. You know, if
    one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
    they won't take him seriously. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
    they may think they're both ******* and they won't agree either of them.
    And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
    singin a bar of Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. and walking out. They may think it's an
    organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
    fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. and
    walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

    And that's what it is, the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Anti-Anti-Firearms Movement, and
    all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the
    guitar.
    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Worth pointing out again, there are no provisions for parking at the Chesterfield County Fair where someone carrying a gun may legally park - surely not LC Byrd HS
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member doug23838's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Here we go again. The Chesterfield County Fair is not operated by the County of Chesterfield. (I don't think there is a county fair in the entire Commonwealth that is operated by the county government. I could be wrong.)

    Skid:
    What I'm understand you say is: If County or City property is used (leased, rented or otherwise), by a non-governmental entity, that right and title to the property temporarily transfers during their period of occupancy. The tennant can prohibit a lawful activity on taxpayer purchased property.

    Could they prohibit prayer?

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by doug23838 View Post
    Skid:
    What I'm understand you say is: If County or City property is used (leased, rented or otherwise), by a non-governmental entity, that right and title to the property temporarily transfers during their period of occupancy. The tennant can prohibit a lawful activity on taxpayer purchased property.

    Could they prohibit prayer?
    Nope! Not saying that at all. However, I do believe several county/city attorneys have said something similar in the past with regards to events held on county/public property. After much whinging and discussion, nobody in the effected locality took up the banner and brought the cause to court for adjudication. Thus, we continue to have the situation.

    What I'm saying in this case specifically is that Chesterfield County is not the entity setting the rules for vendors with regards to firearms possession. As soon as I can get to a working printer I'm submitting my application for a spot on the Board of Directors. At least that way I get a chance to be rejected.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What I'm saying in this case specifically is that Chesterfield County is not the entity setting the rules for vendors with regards to firearms possession. As soon as I can get to a working printer I'm submitting my application for a spot on the Board of Directors. At least that way I get a chance to be rejected.
    I like that thought - will consider same.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •