• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chesterfield fair - no firearms (for vendors).

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Good that citizens can arm themselves and enjoy the fair. Shame that vendors can't also exercise their right to defend themselves.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Where in 15.2-915 does it say except vendors? :banghead:

Here we go again.:banghead::cuss: The Chesterfield County Fair is not operated by the County of Chesterfield. (I don't think there is a county fair in the entire Commonwealth that is operated by the county government. I could be wrong.)

I agree that the prohibition against firearms is less than intelligent. (I promised Momma I would not call it "stupid".) But - here's a thought - http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/board.htm and in case you missed the link there, here's a link directly to the way to change things: http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/FairBoardApp.pdf . Now I suppose trying for a seat on the Board of Directors might be too much for some folks to want to go through. That's OK, because you can still get your voice heard (just not with as much weight individually) this way http://www.chesterfieldcountyfair.org/membership.htm .

Now what would happen if all (a lot of, some of, more than one) the OCDO members who live in Chesterfield became members of The Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc.? :idea:

With sincere apologies to Arlo Guthrie:

And the only reason I'm
singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar
situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a
situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into
the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. wherever you are, just walk in say "Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc., You should
allow vendors to carry firearms legally and responsibly.". And walk out. You know, if
one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him seriously. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots and they won't agree either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
singin a bar of Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. and walking out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. and
walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is, the Chesterfield County Fair Association, Inc. Anti-Anti-Firearms Movement, and
all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the
guitar.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Worth pointing out again, there are no provisions for parking at the Chesterfield County Fair where someone carrying a gun may legally park - surely not LC Byrd HS :uhoh:

doug23838

Here we go again.:banghead::cuss: The Chesterfield County Fair is not operated by the County of Chesterfield. (I don't think there is a county fair in the entire Commonwealth that is operated by the county government. I could be wrong.)

Skid:
What I'm understand you say is: If County or City property is used (leased, rented or otherwise), by a non-governmental entity, that right and title to the property temporarily transfers during their period of occupancy. The tennant can prohibit a lawful activity on taxpayer purchased property.

Could they prohibit prayer?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skid:
What I'm understand you say is: If County or City property is used (leased, rented or otherwise), by a non-governmental entity, that right and title to the property temporarily transfers during their period of occupancy. The tennant can prohibit a lawful activity on taxpayer purchased property.

Could they prohibit prayer?

Nope! Not saying that at all. However, I do believe several county/city attorneys have said something similar in the past with regards to events held on county/public property. After much whinging and discussion, nobody in the effected locality took up the banner and brought the cause to court for adjudication. Thus, we continue to have the situation.

What I'm saying in this case specifically is that Chesterfield County is not the entity setting the rules for vendors with regards to firearms possession. As soon as I can get to a working printer I'm submitting my application for a spot on the Board of Directors. At least that way I get a chance to be rejected.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What I'm saying in this case specifically is that Chesterfield County is not the entity setting the rules for vendors with regards to firearms possession. As soon as I can get to a working printer I'm submitting my application for a spot on the Board of Directors. At least that way I get a chance to be rejected.

I like that thought - will consider same.