• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL: What will you be CCWing

What are you going to be carrying for your CCW pistol ?

• Total voters

protias

Both, depending on what I feel like that day. I'll probably carry my SP101 concealed more often though.

protias

Good Choice !!! :) I am getting the Ruger sp101 in Double Action Only ( spurless hammer ) with the 2.5 inch barrel in about 2 weeks.

I have the 3 1/16" with the hammer. Get the Hogue grip too. It made shooting it a whole lot easier.

I also have a XD45c that I'll carry.

littlewolf

I was thinking about my Semi automatic cap & ball single shot double action magazine fed top break double barrel flintlock revolver I got for my birthday ,the nickle plated one of course but I think I'll leave it in the safe and stick with the 1911A1 compact.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
No option on this poll to vote for a semi-automatic revolver, e.g., the Mateba Model 6 or Webley-Fosbery Auto Revolver? Or is that what everyone who voted "both" is carrying?

1FASTC4

I lost all my guns in a tragic canoeing accident. If I owned one, I'd carry a Kimber stainless Goldmatch in .45. ...maybe an XD in .45. Definitely something in .45, it's by far the most fashionable caliber.

MKEgal

littlewolf said:
I was thinking about my Semi automatic cap & ball single shot double action magazine fed top break double barrel flintlock revolver I got for my birthday, the nickle plated one of course
OK, putting aside the fact that this is obviously hokum,
don't "single shot" and "semi-auto" (or "magazine fed") kinda not belong on the same gun?
:p

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I lost all my guns in a tragic canoeing accident. If I owned one, I'd carry a Kimber stainless Goldmatch in .45. ...maybe an XD in .45. Definitely something in .45, it's by far the most fashionable caliber.

Your going to find that when you start carrying them large frame 45's all day, every day..they get really, really heavy... I would consider a Kimber Ultra carry, and very compact 45.

Last edited:

littlewolf

OK, putting aside the fact that this is obviously hokum,
don't "single shot" and "semi-auto" (or "magazine fed") kinda not belong on the same gun?
:p

Oh but it's quite the contraption and works very well wit with armor piercing full metal jacket hollow point round nose frangible non toxic lead bullets and awfull heavy also Landro can't make a holster for this thing!
And of course it's all BS and I hope you got a laugh out of it...

Big River Leather

As I have in MN for quite some time, my primary carry will be my LARGE FRAME .45 Sig P220 carry SAO. If that gets to heavy for me then I'll go to the P2000 .357 Sig, the only round that is more fashionable than the .45. ;)

Last edited:

Glockface

I wish i could find a Kel-tec PMR30 for my carry gun but i guess my G19 w laser or my XD 45 will do.

theoicarry

Probably one 50 cal. black powder pistol in my belt. The backup will be one XD40 or my Ruger SR9C depending on my boots and color of my clothes. And then of course if I just wear deer skin, the 50 will be all I need along with my possibles.

ksks

Kahr PM9. I have a couple holster options. One of leather made by a guy on another forum. One from Kholster. Haven't had much of a chance to try out either. Wanted to wait until I could wear the Kholster a while before I cut it down.

I also have a Kholster for my Beretta 92G. Doubt I will be carrying that much.

jpm84092

I was thinking about my Semi automatic cap & ball single shot double action magazine fed top break double barrel flintlock revolver I got for my birthday ,the nickle plated one of course.

Where can I get me one of those? Since all of my handguns, shotguns, rifles, BB guns, and slingshots were lost in a tragic canoeing accident on the Colorado and Mississippi Rivers, that sounds like the perfect "one size fits all" replacement.

1FASTC4

Your going to find that when you start carrying them large frame 45's all day, every day..they get really, really heavy... I would consider a Kimber Ultra carry, and very compact 45.

I appreciate the opinion. It sets me up to justify to my wife another purchase. :)

As a big fat guy, 6'2" and 240, I'm comfortable enough with the large frames. CC'd extensively in AZ.

Mlutz

Kahr PM9. I have a couple holster options. One of leather made by a guy on another forum. One from Kholster. Haven't had much of a chance to try out either. Wanted to wait until I could wear the Kholster a while before I cut it down.

I also have a Kholster for my Beretta 92G. Doubt I will be carrying that much.

Kholsters ROCK!!! I "would" carry a sigma 40 if I owned any firearms.... Boat thing... On a side note, I did cc down in Iowa last weekend with a kholster, with a bunch of anti carry people, they NEVER noticed. Carried in a "posted" mall, (signs mean nothing in Iowa) followed by mall cops, they didnt notice either. It conceals very well, and draw time is minimal. With the heat, now is the time to "mold it". Just tuck your shirt behind the firearm. I still havent gotten to the combat cut, but I can all but promise I will do it soon ish. Still a bit "gun shy". Lol.

Mlutz

Semi-auto if ccw was legal in Wisconsin today. I will say that I have thought about a revolver for a bug.