Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to write a letter to the place that asked you to leave because you are OCing

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    How to write a letter to the place that asked you to leave because you are OCing

    http://productiveclassrevolt.blogspo...-to-plate.html

    Quick summary: went to dinner. Other diner saw OC'd gun and complained. Security came & asked him to put gun elsewhere. After leaving, wrote a letter to corporate HQ.

    These is some discussion in the comments about if he violated NC law or not. We'll put that aside and concentrate on his letter and why it is effective.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Regular Member Deadcenter45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SW Oregon Coast
    Posts
    32
    That was a classy, well written letter.



    Android + Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    Skid I agree the letter is well written. I don't know how effective it will be. Depends if reader is an anti or not.

    If the Big Kahuna is Pro could make the difference on him/her investigating and making a change for the good by informing management carry is legal and fine.

    Wording of the letter is here: http://whatbubbaknows.info/?p=3127

  4. #4
    Regular Member FireStar M40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    63

    Well. Not Looking To Get Flamed..

    Skidmark said in part..

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Quick summary: went to dinner. Other diner saw OC'd gun and complained. Security came & asked him to put gun elsewhere. After leaving..
    Not looking to get flamed (and yes, I OC under specific circumstances), but..

    Look what OC'ing got ya. Yeah.. yeah.. I know. Constitutional rights and all that..

    I guess here's one good reason to CC. If you do, then you'll be able to return (with hidden sidearm) to restaurant and eat there again.

    Just my thoughts. Your mileage may very.

    FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

    Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

    they'll just shoot your butt instead.

    I'm a "OLD MAN"!

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    Skidmark said in part..



    Not looking to get flamed (and yes, I OC under specific circumstances), but..

    Look what OC'ing got ya. Yeah.. yeah.. I know. Constitutional rights and all that..

    I guess here's one good reason to CC. If you do, then you'll be able to return (with hidden sidearm) to restaurant and eat there again.

    Just my thoughts. Your mileage may very.

    FireStar M40
    So, tell me again, why are you here in the first place?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stepehens City, VA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    Skidmark said in part..



    Not looking to get flamed (and yes, I OC under specific circumstances), but..

    Look what OC'ing got ya. Yeah.. yeah.. I know. Constitutional rights and all that..

    I guess here's one good reason to CC. If you do, then you'll be able to return (with hidden sidearm) to restaurant and eat there again.

    Just my thoughts. Your mileage may very.

    FireStar M40
    Not in NC you can't unless you want to break the law then I guess you wouldn't worry about that BS permit either!

  7. #7
    Regular Member FireStar M40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    63

    So Tell Me..

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    So, tell me again, why are you here in the first place?

    stay safe.
    So, tell me again, why you feel it's alright to put down a fellow firearms owner/user through remarks like the one above?

    stay safe.

    FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

    Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

    they'll just shoot your butt instead.

    I'm a "OLD MAN"!

  8. #8
    Regular Member FireStar M40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    63

    And Your Point Is What?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyras21 View Post
    Not in NC you can't unless you want to break the law then I guess you wouldn't worry about that BS permit either!
    I'm Where did I say anything about my post being specific to NC.. or where I wouldn't worry about a permit either

    It's too bad you couldn't just read my post and then take it for the point I was trying to make. Obviously, as to your above post, I'll take it for what it is.. _______________!

    FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

    Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

    they'll just shoot your butt instead.

    I'm a "OLD MAN"!

  9. #9
    Regular Member DanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    I guess here's one good reason to CC. If you do, then you'll be able to return (with hidden sidearm) to restaurant and eat there again.
    Hi!

    Take a look at the URL in your address bar. It says "opencarry.org". The folks here are about open carrying and promoting and extending the practice and acceptance of it. How is going CC, instead of OC'ing and writing letters when need be to politely protest OC non-acceptance, in line with the goals of the members of this site?

    You fundamentally misunderstand the OC movement and the goals of its members.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

    “He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stepehens City, VA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    I'm Where did I say anything about my post being specific to NC.. or where I wouldn't worry about a permit either

    It's too bad you couldn't just read my post and then take it for the point I was trying to make. Obviously, as to your above post, I'll take it for what it is.. _______________!

    FireStar M40
    Uh...the post is about an experience in NC so your reference to concealed carry isn't appropriate since concealed carry isn't permitted in NC where alcohol is served...that was my point!

  11. #11
    Regular Member 40s-and-wfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lake County, Montana, USA
    Posts
    490
    I wrote a letter once to the manager of a convenience store I was asked to vacate because I was OC'ing. I told the manager that I had no problem taking my business elsewhere, but I wanted to bring the scenario to his attention. After telling him about it and pointing out the fact that his employees really didn't know what they were talking about, he agreed and told me he had nothing against it and no problems with it. He asked me to give him a couple days to brief his staff and talk with other store managers at a regional meeting they were having but that I should feel free to carry in his store!! It was a good experience talking to the manager and we won another retail location for our side of the 'battle.'

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Quick summary: went to dinner. Other diner saw OC'd gun and complained. Security came & asked him to put gun elsewhere. After leaving, wrote a letter to corporate HQ.
    I'd stand up, dinner half finished, and say, "If I'm not welcome here, neither is my money. Since you're not allowing me to finish my dinner in peace, do you have any objections to my walking out of here without paying for it?" If they said they had no objections, I'd leave.

    I'd make darn sure I got it on audio, though.

    On another note, I was once asked to put my firearm in my vehicle because another patron "was uncomfortable" with my carrying a firearm. I said, "Sir, as one of your patrons, I am uncomfortable with the idea of not being able to defend myself and others against the loonies like those involved in Columbine, Ft. Hood, Virginia Tech, and Tuscon. Since he and I are both patrons, why not err on the side that affords all of us the most protection?"

    He was perhaps a rarity, as he simply grinned and said, "Enjoy your meal, Sir!"
    Last edited by since9; 08-11-2011 at 01:53 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •