• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to write a letter to the place that asked you to leave because you are OCing

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://productiveclassrevolt.blogspot.com/2011/08/bubba-steps-up-to-plate.html

Quick summary: went to dinner. Other diner saw OC'd gun and complained. Security came & asked him to put gun elsewhere. After leaving, wrote a letter to corporate HQ.

These is some discussion in the comments about if he violated NC law or not. We'll put that aside and concentrate on his letter and why it is effective.

stay safe.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Skid I agree the letter is well written. I don't know how effective it will be. Depends if reader is an anti or not.

If the Big Kahuna is Pro could make the difference on him/her investigating and making a change for the good by informing management carry is legal and fine.

Wording of the letter is here: http://whatbubbaknows.info/?p=3127

FireStar M40

Well. Not Looking To Get Flamed..

Skidmark said in part..

Quick summary: went to dinner. Other diner saw OC'd gun and complained. Security came & asked him to put gun elsewhere. After leaving..

Not looking to get flamed (and yes, I OC under specific circumstances), but..

Look what OC'ing got ya. Yeah.. yeah.. I know. Constitutional rights and all that..

I guess here's one good reason to CC. If you do, then you'll be able to return (with hidden sidearm) to restaurant and eat there again.

Just my thoughts. Your mileage may very.

FireStar M40

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skidmark said in part..

Look what OC'ing got ya. Yeah.. yeah.. I know. Constitutional rights and all that..

I guess here's one good reason to CC. If you do, then you'll be able to return (with hidden sidearm) to restaurant and eat there again.

FireStar M40

So, tell me again, why are you here in the first place? :banghead:

stay safe.

cyras21

Skidmark said in part..

FireStar M40

Not in NC you can't unless you want to break the law then I guess you wouldn't worry about that BS permit either!

FireStar M40

So Tell Me..

So, tell me again, why are you here in the first place? :banghead:

stay safe.

So, tell me again, why you feel it's alright to put down a fellow firearms owner/user through remarks like the one above? :banghead:

stay safe.

FireStar M40

FireStar M40

And Your Point Is What?

Not in NC you can't unless you want to break the law then I guess you wouldn't worry about that BS permit either!

I'm :confused: Where did I say anything about my post being specific to NC.. or where I wouldn't worry about a permit either :question:

It's too bad you couldn't just read my post and then take it for the point I was trying to make. Obviously, as to your above post, I'll take it for what it is.. _______________!

FireStar M40

DanM

Hi!

Take a look at the URL in your address bar. It says "opencarry.org". The folks here are about open carrying and promoting and extending the practice and acceptance of it. How is going CC, instead of OC'ing and writing letters when need be to politely protest OC non-acceptance, in line with the goals of the members of this site?

You fundamentally misunderstand the OC movement and the goals of its members.

cyras21

I'm :confused: Where did I say anything about my post being specific to NC.. or where I wouldn't worry about a permit either :question:

It's too bad you couldn't just read my post and then take it for the point I was trying to make. Obviously, as to your above post, I'll take it for what it is.. _______________!

FireStar M40

Uh...the post is about an experience in NC so your reference to concealed carry isn't appropriate since concealed carry isn't permitted in NC where alcohol is served...that was my point!

40s-and-wfan

I wrote a letter once to the manager of a convenience store I was asked to vacate because I was OC'ing. I told the manager that I had no problem taking my business elsewhere, but I wanted to bring the scenario to his attention. After telling him about it and pointing out the fact that his employees really didn't know what they were talking about, he agreed and told me he had nothing against it and no problems with it. He asked me to give him a couple days to brief his staff and talk with other store managers at a regional meeting they were having but that I should feel free to carry in his store!! It was a good experience talking to the manager and we won another retail location for our side of the 'battle.'

since9

Campaign Veteran
Quick summary: went to dinner. Other diner saw OC'd gun and complained. Security came & asked him to put gun elsewhere. After leaving, wrote a letter to corporate HQ.

I'd stand up, dinner half finished, and say, "If I'm not welcome here, neither is my money. Since you're not allowing me to finish my dinner in peace, do you have any objections to my walking out of here without paying for it?" If they said they had no objections, I'd leave.

I'd make darn sure I got it on audio, though.

On another note, I was once asked to put my firearm in my vehicle because another patron "was uncomfortable" with my carrying a firearm. I said, "Sir, as one of your patrons, I am uncomfortable with the idea of not being able to defend myself and others against the loonies like those involved in Columbine, Ft. Hood, Virginia Tech, and Tuscon. Since he and I are both patrons, why not err on the side that affords all of us the most protection?"

He was perhaps a rarity, as he simply grinned and said, "Enjoy your meal, Sir!"

Last edited: