• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond DMV

Gunny5821

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question.. I plan on going to the Richmond DMV on W Broad Street and was wondering if it is permissable to OC or CC there??

Appreciate the assistance!

Gunny

Marco

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question.. I plan on going to the Richmond DMV on W Broad Street and was wondering if it is permissable to OC or CC there??

Appreciate the assistance!

Gunny

You are not prohibited from carrying at the DMV.
It's going to he hot/humid might as well let your friend enjoy the sun and fresh air, be sure to have your digital voice recorder on.

Gunny5821

Thanks for the prompt reply. I seem to OC much more than I do CC, primarily becuase it is just easier. Of course when the cooler weather hits, than I CC a tad more just because I'm wearing a coat or something similar. In the past 6 years that I have OC'd in the Richmond City area, I was only asked 1 time to please leave it in the car or CC it. It was actually a uniformed RPD officer working off duty at a Krogers. However, I politely declined and he just followed me around the store for a couple of minutes. Since than I have seen him numerous times at the same place and he has never said a word.. The folks in Richmond don't really seem to care much about OC, which is a good thing....

Again, Thanks for the prompt update!

Gunny

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Security at DMV - brought to you by Securguard. One and the same that provides the same service for the ferry to Surry County. :uhoh:
icon6.png

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
In the DMV on Ironbridge Road in Chesterfield today to correct a mistake on the expiration date of my tags. Shortest time I've ever spent in DMV for anything - barely got to sit down before they called my number (there were about 15 people there sitting waiting for something to happen when I walked in).

Don't know where the security dude was - and yes I looked.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
In the DMV on Ironbridge Road in Chesterfield today to correct a mistake on the expiration date of my tags. Shortest time I've ever spent in DMV for anything - barely got to sit down before they called my number (there were about 15 people there sitting waiting for something to happen when I walked in).

Don't know where the security dude was - and yes I looked.

stay safe.

You're lucky you didn't get pulled like this poor soul.:p

[video=vimeo;27458217]http://vimeo.com/27458217[/video]