• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti Gun Gun Makers?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wow, what a shame for Italian firearms owners. What Beretta and the like don't understand is that Americans don't buy guns from manufacturers that seek to diminish or impede our rights. Like someone already noted, S&W took a big hit after cooperation with Clinton and many still refuse to buy their guns. I plan to write a short note to each of the companies expressing my displeasure.

okboomer

Wow, what a shame for Italian firearms owners. What Beretta and the like don't understand is that Americans don't buy guns from manufacturers that seek to diminish or impede our rights. Like someone already noted, S&W took a big hit after cooperation with Clinton and many still refuse to buy their guns. I plan to write a short note to each of the companies expressing my displeasure.

Yep, the two benelli shotguns I have are such sweet things to shoot! And the beretta .22 I use as a BUG is easily concealable even when dressing minimally for this oppressive summer heat (58+ days over 100) Guess they'll just have to do until these companies change their position.

Gunslinger

S&W changed ownership after they kissed klinton's ass. The new owners are 100% pro 2A.

ManInBlack

i will not buy an S&W until they get rid of the ILS system. i know of many others that feel the same way.

I recently bought a Springfield 1911A1 that has an ILS. I didn't really know much about it until your post prompted me to look it up...it appears that it affects the trigger break? I don't particularly have a problem with added safety features because, as you suggest, a person can go to a different manufacturer, but I would agree that if it affects performance it should be an optional feature.

In any event, features on handguns should be driven by engineering, performance, and market demand, not the wishes of statist, crybaby politicians.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
While the laws and the culture in Italy are very much different from those here in the USA, it seems that at least one gentleman needs to retink why he is in the firearm business in the first place. Or is he another of those that get all worked up about the eebilll black guns that look a lot like the ones that soldiers are issued because he cannot differentiate between what one (sporting) group does with them and what soldiers do with theirs? Yes, a lot of Europeans have bought into the idea that if military (surplus) and military-look-alike guns are outlawed the terrible things that happened over and over again in Europe will not happen again. It is because they do that or have to face the fact that so many of them and their forebears did not oppose or actualkly collaborated with the folks who were behind the terrible things that happened in Europe. (See how I avoided saying "war" and "denial of political and human rights"? Pretty neat, no?)

I am all for supporting the folks in Italy by contacting the manufactureres and explaining to them why I will not support them or the sale of their products in the USA due to their behavior and decisions in Italy. As much as we here in the USA talk about the Second Amendment as being the final bulwark against our government refusing to obey the Constitution, we need to remember that in most of Europe there is no "unalienable right" to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - let alone the right to self defense. Even in non-military calibers those eebilll military-looking guns are at least ergonomically and functionally better-suited to self defense than most sporting (hunting and target shooting) arms and Italy is looking at an economic collapse that may well make self defense a priority.

stay safe.

DWCook

Activist Member
So many new issues popping up here! Not to evade the Italians.....we need to worry about our gun laws and such here first. Not trying to start a fight here or anything.

stainless1911

Banned
One way to worry about our gun laws, is to watch the what, and the who thats going on elsewhere.

If they can do it there, wherever that may be, they might think its reasonable, or proper to try it here.

Its also a good idea to know what a company like Beretta is doing with your money.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
--Moderator edited/deleted --

Donald,

Your style of writing suggests you are not a native speaker/writer of English. Is that correct?

Buying from a "specific shop with license" (a holder of a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer - usually abbreviated FFL) is generally the default action, although many states allow purchases from private sellers. Some states do require private sales to go through a FFL. But that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Why do you bring it up?

"i hope govt must caught these anti guns makers soon." I am totally unable to fathom what you mean by that. It is not up to our (USA) government to do anything to those Italian gun manufacturers except see that they comply with existing US laws regarding the importation of their products into this country. And personally I would prefer that the US government reduce the number of laws they have on the books regarding what may or may not be legally imported.

As others have mentioned, we here in the USA find the decisions of those manufactirers onerous and foolish. We also are concerned that some of the anti-gun crowd here in the USA will see those actions and try to pressure the Italian manufacturers to implement those policies with regards to the products they import for sale here, as well as pressure American manufacturers to adopt similar policies.

stay safe.

Jack House

One way to worry about our gun laws, is to watch the what, and the who thats going on elsewhere.

If they can do it there, wherever that may be, they might think its reasonable, or proper to try it here.

Its also a good idea to know what a company like Beretta is doing with your money.
Short, sweet and too the point. I completely agree.

"They betrayed the Italians, but I didn't care, because I'm not one."

Last edited: