• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open or not, there is a reason we carry. This could happen anywhere.

amzbrady

Open Carry makes your firearm more accessible, but open carry or concealed, there is a reason to carry. I found this from Philly, I cant believe how the lawyer is trying to defend this. Thing is, this could happen anywhere, even Seattle, WA. And you always have to be prepared. As you watch the video, it comes to where this lady is left in shock in the middle of the bus not knowing what to do. This comes from people who get complaicent in life and decline to admit that if they stay out of bad areas then nothing will happen to them becuase there is no way bad stuff will come to them. I thought of Ruby as I watched this lady stand solidly still not knowing what to do and thought, "we need to see more ladies like Ruby who are armed and no how to use their firearm".

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/video-gunmen-open-fire-at-bus-in-philadelphia-20110804

Note: I highlighted the areas that make this an open carry, and Washington forum post, for those that would normally question, "Duh, wat haz dis dot NEting todo wit open carry or Y iz dis N duh Warshington 4um".

Last edited:

Px4er

1 more reason I don't ride the bus. Other than getting the **** kicked out of me at the transit center and security watching you get owned.

Tawnos

1 more reason I don't ride the bus. Other than getting the **** kicked out of me at the transit center and security watching you get owned.

I enjoy taking the bus, and wish more people would. You can read a book, play a game, program, etc. It's cheaper than driving most of the time. The problem here is a lack of continual connectivity due to underutilization. It makes it nearly impossible to be responsible if I want to go to a bar via public transit, as the busses back to my house stop running by 9pm, and don't run on the weekend.

Edit:
And taking a bike isn't always fun, as there's a mile and a half hill climb to my house. I do it twice a week already, but my knees really have started to hate me recently.

Last edited:

carry for myself

i dont ride busses. because there are none here!..........however this is why i dont like SH***Y gangbanging thugs?

Jeff Hayes

I enjoy taking the bus, and wish more people would. You can read a book, play a game, program, etc. It's cheaper than driving most of the time. The problem here is a lack of continual connectivity due to underutilization. It makes it nearly impossible to be responsible if I want to go to a bar via public transit, as the busses back to my house stop running by 9pm, and don't run on the weekend.

Edit:
And taking a bike isn't always fun, as there's a mile and a half hill climb to my house. I do it twice a week already, but my knees really have started to hate me recently.

I have 2 friends that got DUIs on bicycles and one friend that got a DUI on his horse, later on my horse. So leaving the bars on a bike may not be a good idea.