Thread: Notifying the police when you have a firearm is required by Ohio Law - CT DISCUSSION

Notifying the police when you have a firearm is required by Ohio Law - CT DISCUSSION

Yep. Be glad we don't have a notification law.

This is what notifying needlessly gets you in CT:

http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/conceal...ime/?topicseen

Yep, and I already have a copy of the video if they every try to make this law.

Perfect reason to not make it mandatory!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Moderator: Please put this back in CT.

Though the incident happened in OH, it is pertinent to some issues we are having here in CT and with open carry in general.

Thanx,

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Just Wow I don't know what to say.

Cops are there just to enforce the law not give advice or personal opinions.
    Looks to me the first thing he did other than obey the cops was to tell them he had a permit.

What other states do I need to worry about?

I had a Naugatuck cop try to tell me when he pulled me over that I was required to tell him I have a gun on me he was very intimidating kept saying did you learn in your class that you are required to tell a cop you have a gun in the car.
    I just said no. They are very intimidating it is hard to pull your thoughts together and speak rational.

Then he had me get out of the car searched my car and so on total violation of my rights.
    Then just let me go on a verbal warning. My story is here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by customcreationllc View Post
    Just Wow I don't know what to say.

Cops are there just to enforce the law not give advice or personal opinions.
    Looks to me the first thing he did other than obey the cops was to tell them he had a permit.

What other states do I need to worry about?

\

there are only 10 states with a must inform law....AK, AR, LA, MI, NC, NE, OH, OK, SC, TX....guess that means the rest of the states don't see a real point to it. These 10 should remove the need as it is only followed by the law -abiding. Bad guys with guns, even in those states, are not required to inform as it violates their 5th Amendment rights.

Same crazy cop....different channel

From what I understand, this involves illegal (non license) firearm possesion. Funny, they received essentially the SAME treatment as the licensed guy in the first viral video

http://www.cantonrep.com/video/x1704...ng-badly-again