• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Training for Concealed Carry in Wisconsin

Da Po-lock

Could our administrator please make this a sticky thread ?

I thought I would start a thread for a place to gather information concerning concealed carry training available to us to meet the requirements to get a Wisconsin permit.
(Not training for CCW permits for other states that WI will recognize)

PLEASE INCLUDE

Contact information of the trainers. Please include a link to their web address

Cost of the training.

Location and time of the training.

Upcoming training dates.

MAYBE if there was enough interest, a group of us could a request a training session we could attend as a group to make it worth a trainers time to accomodate our request. (Would be kind of a nice meet and greet too)

List any of your experiences with a particular training group you have had.

(I am sure any positive or negative comments would be appreciated so that we can get the best training for our money but back and forth bashing wll only confuse those who are trying to find good training.)

Hopefully this will generate enough interest to benefit anyone looking to get good training.

............Thanks for looking...............Da Po-lock

Last edited:

Da Po-lock

I saw on Fox 11 morning news that NWTC will be offering Carry and Conceal Weapon (CCW) training. They said they are waiting for DOJ to announce training requirements. Details about classes are incomplete as of now.

This will probably be a very good option for people needing training.

M

McX

any updates, or further class date, and location lists for Auric's class?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
any updates, or further class date, and location lists for Auric's class?

There are still times and places scheduled. We're working hard on putting together a "ladies only" defensive handgun course too at the moment. Should be operational soon.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Bill Schmitz is a good guy. He regularly holds classes in the Green Bay area as well as other areas. He recently broke ties with AACFI and will no longer be teaching the MN Carry course. The course is $100 for WI or $150 for everything you need to apply to Utah and FL also. The additional $50 fee includes a life fire course, pictures and fingerprints. He has discount coupons on the web site.
http://www.bdj-ltd.com/classes.htm

Henry Rahr - AACFI trainer - Holds classes in Green Bay & Abrams, $ 125.00
go to AACFI.COM for contact info & class dates
He is an Excellent instructor & has something like 20 plus years of weapons instruction under his belt.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
This thread was primarily asking about the WI course. You know that Henry is a good friend and an awesome guy but Henry is no longer a Utah trainer. He only gives MN and now the AACFI WI course. The reality is that the Utah course with FL is more useful than the MN certification if you are looking at non-resident permits and maximum coverage. Henry and Bill are friends also so I am certain that Henry would not be offended by a referral to Bill in this case. Once Henry starts back up training Utah he will be the primary recommendation I will give once again.
Here is the link to WI AACFI to contact Henry... http://www.aacfi.com/trainers/#WI

Yes, this thread is asking about the Wisconsin course, that Henry teaches, I have yet to read of the WI doj site that Florida or Utah training will be accepted here... I would never throw a "good friend & awesome guy " under the bus like what you did. I guess the fact that Bill NRA instructor comes up to the NRA associated rifle range that you are a Board member of , to train your memebers has caused you to pick sides..Bill vs Henry..I see Henry lost. Interesting. I guess even freindship has it's limitations

Maybe you should ask Him, if he was offended... He is reading this

Last edited:

MKEgal

Da Po-lock said:
MAYBE if there was enough interest, a group of us could a request a training session we could attend as a group to make it worth a trainers time to accomodate our request. (Would be kind of a nice meet and greet too).
I don't yet have my website published*, but I'm willing to teach the NRA Basic Pistol class for a small group, at your location (within say 40 miles of Milwaukee, unless you want to chip in for gas), & plan to offer WCI members the class for $80. (20-33% discount.)
$60 for anyone who has a current restraining order against someone else. (40-50% discount!)
(The going rate in my area appears to be $100-125. http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx)

Need to have a place to meet (living room or rec room or garage will do, if it can hold everyone & has a wall clear for the projector image... & of course, access to electricity LOL) & a range to go to.

* (Anyone in the Milwaukee area who could help with that, I'd be very appreciative!!! I have it designed, just can't figure out how to get it from my computer onto my website. Am using Microsoft Publisher.)

And jpm84092 will be visiting over Labor Day weekend, teaching classes SEP 2-5 at even lower prices.
PM him for details, encourage him to post here.

Last edited:

jpm84092

And jpm84092 will be in town over Labor Day weekend, teaching classes SEP 2-5 at even lower prices. PM him for details, encourage him to post here.

The Yellow Cat With The M-4 will be posting in the next 24 hours regarding pricing and course schedules. There are too few hours in a day for me to offer all courses on all days of the Labor Day Weekend, but I will try to get a flexible schedule worked out. I have a classroom available to me, but to date I do not have a range.

For those following this thread, the Yellow Cat will have MKEGAL as an assistant instructor for NRA courses and as a "training aid" for Utah CFP Courses. I feel that having a female assistant instructor will go a long way to help female spouses or any female feel more comfortable in a firearms class. (MKEGal has graciously agreed to be my assistant for the experience and the NRA Course hours. Thus, for those of you who are purists and insist on receiving instruction ONLY from WI Residents, I have that covered. And- keep in mind that while I no longer live in WI, I have a house here and pay property taxes out the ying-yang.)

If I get the right range, more than 5 students, and the students already have the NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate (prerequisite), I will teach the NRA Personal Protection In The Home course. This is one of only two NRA Courses that delves into tactical matters. It also teaches the "double tap" method of responding to a "bad guy". Students must be equipped with a "service caliber" (9mm or above) handgun and be prepared to shoot at least 200 rounds of ammunition. (Bring about 400 to qualify.)

Even if I do not have enough students - or the right range - if I get a range, I will teach "basic" tactical matters. For those students wishing more advanced tactical instruction, DOA Tactical will be visiting WI in mid September. (DOA Tactical is a UT business that is one of the most advanced training resources that WI residents will see. I teach with them when they conduct NRA Instructor courses.) DOA Tactical are the guys who supervise all the shooting at the SHOT Gun Show in Las Vegas. They have asked me to join them when they go to WI, but I have to see if my day-job work schedule will allow this.

Yellow Cat Out - carry on.