• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How exactly is "printing" legal under Florida laws?

Rick H

From these two cases it is clear that printing is legal as long as it is not obviously a gun to the untrained, casual, observer.

View attachment 6610
If I see this, I would suspect it to be a gun but most people would not even notice; and it could reasonably be his phone, PDA, or insulin pump.
If you are printing and it could reasonably be something other than a firearm, you're fine.

If you look like this...
View attachment 6611
Yeah, you're doing it wrong. The untrained, casual, observer will take one look and say "GUN".

I have personally been printing like the lower exampled for two year and sometimes worse than that and have never been question about it.
yes. LEO have notice but never say nothing.
Sometimes I even take off my t-shirt a drape it over my firearm and still nothing.
I carry a S&W 40 model 411 in one of those Walker Texas Ranger Style holsters on my side and have never had a problem

Last edited:

phil1979

Violation of 1st Amendment Right

The ban on open carry is not only a violation of the 2nd Amendment but the 1st Amendment as well. If we can legally carry a firearm, government has no business telling us we must keep it hidden. In Florida especially where it's hot, concealed carry of a firearm can physically be uncomfortable.

For those who'd like to open carry, the next best thing is concealed carry with a button or t-shirt that states something like, "Lawfully Armed Citizen", or "Lawfully Concealing a Firearm".

Here are my creations along those lines (computer graphics is a hobby of mine).

http://www.zazzle.com/saturday_night/gifts?cg=196550475377405321

http://www.zazzle.com/saturday_night/gifts?cg=196451974549523008

If you do exercise your 1st Amendment right to peacefully wear words stating that you are lawfully armed, have your voice recorder with you and turned on in case your rights get violated.

I'm a member of georgiapacking.org and OC my CZ-75B SA often in my state of Georgia.

77zach

The ban on open carry is not only a violation of the 2nd Amendment but the 1st Amendment as well.

That's another reason this "law" in Fl is so offensive to me. It's no different than them telling me I can't put a political bumper sticker on my car. Everyone would have a cow if they required a license to display bumper stickers, much less ban it. When you OC, you express your appreciation of the right to bear arms and celebrate what little freedom we have left.