Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: For the gear heads in our midst

  1. #1
    Regular Member mtlhdtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, Wa
    Posts
    123

    For the gear heads in our midst

    There is a muscle car show at the XXX on Sun and I'll be there, OC of course, with my car so if anyone wants to see some nice cars and have a good burger come on out.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    There is a muscle car show at the XXX on Sun and I'll be there, OC of course, with my car so if anyone wants to see some nice cars and have a good burger come on out.
    XXX? What is the XXX?

    Last car show there was a shooting! Is this a La Raza car show?
    Live Free or Die!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    XXX? What is the XXX?

    Last car show there was a shooting! Is this a La Raza car show?
    I think he's talking about the XXX restaurant and root beer place. :P

    It's up in Issaquah. That's the only place I can think of.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    XXX is a smokin burger place in Issaquah that has old car memorabilia inside. They host car shows all the time. It is much more high end than the lowrider show that had the shooting. I have never heard of anything going awry at one of their shows.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  5. #5
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    XXX? What is the XXX?

    Last car show there was a shooting! Is this a La Raza car show?
    As the others have said it's a root beer joint. Used to be lots of them, along with A&W root beer places. I remember ordering from the car as a kid and they'd bring the food out to you. This link says there's only two left in the country, Issaquah and Indiana: http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/history.htm
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  6. #6
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    We used to just call them "Triple X". Used to go to them, not because of the food quality, just that it was cheap.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  7. #7
    Regular Member mtlhdtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, Wa
    Posts
    123
    My bad. It is the XXX place in Issaquah on front street. I have been there to numerous shows and cruse-ins OC and have never had an issue. Oh and the food is actually quite good.

  8. #8
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    We used to just call them "Triple X". Used to go to them, not because of the food quality, just that it was cheap.

    Holy chip, are you centuries old or summin??? It's anything but that!


    Any one else,

    Oh and bring cash unless you like using suspicious looking old ATMs. Always a good time to get out and look at shiny cars! And remember, look with your eyes not your head


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA, ,
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
    There is a muscle car show at the XXX on Sun and I'll be there, OC of course, with my car so if anyone wants to see some nice cars and have a good burger come on out.
    I show my car there every summer. Great food and great people! I'd come meet you but am working on the car tomorrow for a track day next friday.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

  10. #10
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    Holy chip, are you centuries old or summin??? It's anything but that!

    They once upon a time were cheap. Back when there was a lot more than just 2 in the Country. Were favorite "cruising" spots back before cruising was outlawed just about everywhere.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    They once upon a time were cheap. Back when there was a lot more than just 2 in the Country. Were favorite "cruising" spots back before cruising was outlawed just about everywhere.
    Like Herfy's in Bellingham, when I was teen we had the downtown "cruising" strip.

    They outlawed cruising no more Herfy's and downtown became the hangout for some pretty wacked out folks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Like Herfy's in Bellingham, when I was teen we had the downtown "cruising" strip.

    They outlawed cruising no more Herfy's and downtown became the hangout for some pretty wacked out folks.
    Herfy's is back in some areas. As for "cruisin", it became a problem in Everett about the time the 10 gigawatt stereo became common and some people decided that all the front yards on the cruising strip had imaginary "Restroom" signs on them. Some people never had to water their lawns or bushes.

    Probably the same in every other town.
    Last edited by amlevin; 08-09-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Herfy's is back in some areas. As for "cruisin", it became a problem in Everett about the time the 10 gigawatt stereo became common and some people decided that all the front yards on the cruising strip had imaginary "Restroom" signs on them. Some people never had to water their lawns or bushes.

    Probably the same in every other town.
    Our cruising strip really didn't have that problem wasn't residential, there was the occassional fisticuffs though, but their laws made everything worse and downtown became Crip territory for a long time (they don't care about silly laws).
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •