• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monumental Progress In CA Gun Rights To Be Discussed On "War On Guns" Radio Program

Black Dragon

Monumental Progress In CA Gun Rights To Be Discussed On "War On Guns" Radio Program

Oakland Gun Rights Examiner and Responsible Citizens of California Press Secretary Yih-Chau Chang will be on the War on Guns radio program with David Codrea on NBC 1260 next Tuesday, August 9th between 7-8 AM (morning drive time/traffic hour) to talk about the monumental progress the 2nd Amendment community has made in California over the past two years. Please feel free to listen in at the link here and call in to let your voice be heard in support of our fundamental civil right to self defense.

http://www.nbc1260.com/gunradio.html

donny

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Attack on another gun rights group

Michigander

Progress? Last I heard it's still a cesspool which should be ejected from the union and handed over to the EU. Is there some news I haven't heard?

wildhawker

Yet more shameless self promotion. And monumental progress? That's a good one. I don't know who's guilty of believing their own press more, guys like you or CGF...

I believe the truth. Chau, thankfully, offers such to the reading audience regularly.

If where we are isn't reflective of monumental progress, I suppose you think we should believe something other than that. Would you care to offer what that might look like to you?

-Brandon

Iopencarry

Chau,
do not let guys like this "Donny" fellow bug you. Who is he anyway? He does not promote any gun rights in CA that we know of. We know you work hard at this and do your best for the 2A community here in CA.
There is nothing wrong with your posting this type of info. The membership here needs to know that their are people out there working for them.

Lord knows most of them will not get off the couch long enough to even make a phone call to Sac.

Michigander

I read the article. I will say that I applaud these efforts, and I wish you all the best in them. You are however a long way from progress of any kind in my opinion. Progress would start with state legalized permitless carry near by not on school grounds, and striking down the bans on magazines and semi automatic firearms. Without this, your state is not in line with the constitution, and has no legitimate claim to even being part of the country. This is made all the worse by kali's other outrageous violations of the Bill of Rights.

I will say that the Bay Area, SF in particular, is without a doubt the most sexually mature place in the USA, perhaps the world, and the state also deserves great credit for pushing the envelope when it comes to legalizing drug use. The problem, it seems to me, is that the people who pushed for these things are mechanically inept white collar nerds and potheads who most often don't understand the basic concept that guns are tools, and banning them will not stop people from getting them, and even if they did, other very deadly weapons including home made firearms could be made by anyone with even the smallest amount of knowledge on the subject. I am preaching to the choir in saying this here, but this is the concept which the northern PRK it seems cannot wrap it's head around. Having poor leadership, such as the cop jerking off way which calguns is moderated, and the apparently not very united divide and conquer approach to open carrying in California, these are also setbacks which I'm sure must be plaguing your efforts.

I will also add that far, far too many times I've seen requests in the PRK for a "stand down". Something I have always believed is that within the boundaries of the law when it comes to carrying guns openly, members of this forum should neither attempt to encourage nor discourage lawful behavior, instead either taking actions on their own, or requesting volunteer help. Evidently this too is something which the PRK has a tremendous problem with, I suppose understandably after all the years of being bitch slapped by criminal law makers and cops, but it's still wrong.

So again, I wish you all the best and then some, because California once was and again could someday be a great place to live, but I do respectfully disagree that you fine folks have made progress. Holding tight to prevent further damage is a long way from restoring rights.

Last edited:

Thundar

Progress is defined as moving from point A to point B. Given where California was two years ago, Chau's article clearly demonstrates progress.

Moving from point A to Point B is progress only if point B is a better point than point A.

Sometimes moving to point B may be better tactically, but not strategically. You can win the battle, but lose the war. This is often what happens in legal battles.

Is California better off at point B than point A - UOC recognized as legal? Yes

Is UOC seen by the court as all that the state has to allow to comply with 2A losing the war? Yup. - Not saying it will stand, but if it did, what a terrible position - win the battle, lose the war.