• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Good Meet.

We discussed the "No on 594" rally next weekend and made plans to carpool the group down.
We also discussed, briefly, starting a Whatcom County OC TV show when bellingham opens public TV to the public this fall.

Food was phenomenal, as it always is at Greenes. A lot of families and small children. One woman, extremely preggers, stopped by the table to thank us for being armed. Cool.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Who will be going to the rally???

OK Folks, who will be attending?? We need max support on this one. The rain will hold off and we can carpool/convoy.

Chime in here People, Citizenship is a verb.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was doing a bit of business at my bank when a man approached me(and the teller) to tell me how surprised and pleased he was to see someone "exercising his Rights". We spoke briefly, he and he added that he would vote against I594 as he walked away.

A guy....in a bank.....with a gun.....conducting business..........and (now) this is considered "normal" in Bellingham.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Barnes & Noble

I was in the bookstore picking up a Shotgun News and the checkout clerk commented on the lead article (the AR7 rifle). I said that I had a couple of them and they shot very well. He said he was trained on M4s and now had an AK that he has not yet fired. Then he saw my Ruger and the OC conversation began. Gave him the link to the site and invited him in. Would be nice to see some youth here.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Out to a meal with my Boys. Sweet Baboo was very happy to have both kids out with us. We went to the Wonderful Buffet and had a new waiter. He was very attentive and as we were leaving he asked if my pistol was real, are you a policeman, etc.. My wife and Sons jumped right in to explain that we are an OC State, and the laws, and yada, yada... The waiter was ecstatic. He said he never thought that "plain folks" could defend themselves.

I find it refreshing when someone has the lightbulb go off right in front of me. "You can do that??"

I also find it sad that so many will not vote today. Not voting is not a form of protest, it is surrender.

sudden valley gunner

Ferndale City Hall to talk to the mayor. Sparked by a comment on a social forum laced with threats of violence and colorful metaphors about my manhood and courage, that I was to afraid to go ask for an records request concerning the militarization of their police department in their new toy from the federal government. Yippeee cow country is getting MRAPs.....

Oh the comments about me had nothing to do about my decision to go, it was more my desire to see what the city will reveal and the oh yea moment of why don't I just go in.

Last edited:

heresolong

Ferndale City Hall to talk to the mayor. Sparked by a comment on a social forum laced with threats of violence and colorful metaphors about my manhood and courage, that I was to afraid to go ask for an records request concerning the militarization of their police department in their new toy from the federal government. Yippeee cow country is getting MRAPs.....

Oh the comments about me had nothing to do about my decision to go, it was more my desire to see what the city will reveal and the oh yea moment of why don't I just go in.

Did you get to see him and did you, by any chance, ask him why he is still a member of Bloomberg's anti-gun group MAIG?

sudden valley gunner

Did you get to see him and did you, by any chance, ask him why he is still a member of Bloomberg's anti-gun group MAIG?

Nope, we showed up early, and he wasn't in, so we were told.

Thank you for the input, I did not know that. We will ask.

Couldn't find him on the list Cal, do you have a link?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior