• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

sudden valley gunner

How many of these 40,000 are in Washington State, seems to be more fear mongering then anything tangible, but then extremist love that approach in an attempt to distort issues.

It was a light hearted statement to make a point, that of course you side step. 50 states and 40,000 laws is still a wow!

If they outlaw guns tomorrow you turning yours in?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Late heading out to Starbucks.

Since I live and OC in Whatcom I find it fine to defend myself agains adhominem attacks and false accusations. In the Whatcom thread.

sudden valley gunner

No reason to disrespect law enforcement.

Read MSG thread and tell me who needs to show respect. The officer was acting like a jack booted thug, detaining someone without cause, and pointing his weapon at him several times. The only reason I accepted a low settlement was they were to be trained, something these cops chose to ignore and failed to implement or even care.

I show respect to those deserving respect. The whole idea of enforcing law for laws sake against the people right or wrong is not a system I respect. Individual officers I may respect but that depends on their take of "law" and our fundamental rights.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Diego's off of Sammish.

Sheriff's office.

Costco and Wal-mart yesterday.

John expecting a call from Sheriff about what we talked about, prior to your incident. You down for brainstorming sometime this week? How about you Heresolong?

Last edited:

amlevin

Diego's off of Sammish.

Sheriff's office.

Costco and Wal-mart yesterday.

John expecting a call from Sheriff about what we talked about, prior to your incident. You down for brainstorming sometime this week? How about you Heresolong?

You sure seem to spend a lot of time at the Courthouse or Sheriff's office.

Last time I found it necessary to go to the courthouse was to get a marriage license 27 years ago and I only go to my Police Station every 5 years to renew my CPL.;);)

Hell, I can't even get stopped while driving. What am I doing wrong?
icon6.png

Last edited:

ARADCOM

" time at the Courthouse "

You sure seem to spend a lot of time at the Courthouse or Sheriff's office.

Last time I found it necessary to go to the courthouse was to get a marriage license 27 years ago and I only go to my Police Station every 5 years to renew my CPL.;);)

Hell, I can't even get stopped while driving. What am I doing wrong?
icon6.png

I think part of the reason may be that SVG was and is at the fore of OC in Bellingham/Whatcom County and his struggles have paved the way for guys like me to be able to OC with no issues.

I'm just glad there was someone out there to take the brunt of the negative law enforcement reactions at the beginning of the OC movement in Whatcom County and spare me and others the hassles.

Carry on SVG!

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I think part of the reason may be that SVG was and is at the fore of OC in Bellingham/Whatcom County and his struggles have paved the way for guys like me to be able to OC with no issues.

I'm just glad there was someone out there to take the brunt of the negative law enforcement reactions at the beginning of the OC movement in Whatcom County and spare me and others the hassles.

Carry on SVG!

Thanks ARADCOM. I plan on it. You carry on too. When are you available for a meet would be to get your ideas on some of the issues I am talking to the Sheriff about. And quite possibly may need some Whatcom folks at country council chambers too. (By the way we can OC there, I got them to rearrange the ropes so the whole first floor of the court house no longer off limits to OC)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
All over town on tues.
Went to BPD to make another documents request. No one noticed my pistol. I filled out the form and the lovely young lady reviewed it. The request was rather detailed and it took a minute to review. No mention of the weapon, just a pretty smile.
Haggens, CostCutter, Lowes, the park. My dogs love the park.

I do not think People "disrespect" law enforcement. I think a large number of people fear law enforcement. This fear creates mistrust and then disrespect. The same mantras come out...a few bad yada yada... It is not the "few" that take the heat, it is law enforcement in general that gets cra**ed on. I like having them out there.

SVG, let me know if you need a presence. I have not yet been to the counsel chambers.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
The usual Sunday morning meet at Starbucks netted only four of us . Very quiet.

I would like to come again one of these Sundays... Now just need to find time between my other activities. 4 is more than you have a month ago, looks like things a looking up again. Anyone hear from skyisfalling since his trip to CA?

Last edited:

ARADCOM

My busy schedule ;-)

Thanks ARADCOM. I plan on it. You carry on too. When are you available for a meet would be to get your ideas on some of the issues I am talking to the Sheriff about. And quite possibly may need some Whatcom folks at country council chambers too. (By the way we can OC there, I got them to rearrange the ropes so the whole first floor of the court house no longer off limits to OC)

Yeah, Sundays are no good for me during the winter 'cuz that's when I take my grandsons skiing. Most any day during the week I'm available for a get together but I do ski a couple of times a week if snows good, so I just need a few days notice.

Pick a day/time that's good for you and I'll let you know if it works for me. I'm up for a Council meeting if needed also.

amlevin

I do not think People "disrespect" law enforcement. I think a large number of people fear law enforcement. This fear creates mistrust and then disrespect. The same mantras come out...a few bad yada yada... It is not the "few" that take the heat, it is law enforcement in general that gets cra**ed on. I like having them out there.

If I read correctly, the DOJ report on Seattle PD pointed out that 20 of their officers were the source of most complaints on use of excessive force. Out of 1800 or so officers that's a pretty small percentage (1%). As you said though, those few get the most attention.

A remaining question for Seattle, now that an outside agency has ID'd the ones who are "problem children", what are they going to do about it? Deal with those few or just toss a few "Bulletins" around and call it good?

sudden valley gunner

Yeah, Sundays are no good for me during the winter 'cuz that's when I take my grandsons skiing. Most any day during the week I'm available for a get together but I do ski a couple of times a week if snows good, so I just need a few days notice.

Pick a day/time that's good for you and I'll let you know if it works for me. I'm up for a Council meeting if needed also.

Will do.

Return video's at Crazy Mike's.