• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

noname762

B'ham has been quiet.
On todays daily parade I encountered two of BPDs finest entering the park parking lot as I entered walking my dogs. They did not interact with me even tho they saw me. As they walked thru the park, they stopped and spoke to people. Real Community policing. Nice to see them in positive interactions. As I walked over to the boat ramps, I was met by a County Sheriff. Minor interaction, very friendly, no worries. All in all, two very incident/non-incident.

That sounds just uber cool. Looks as tho I was mistaken concerning OC folks and lawmen. I have no problem being wrong now and then.:blink:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance!

200112_1008109419504_6313530_n.jpg

skyisfalling

OCDO Family Picnic and Pride Parade

Big weekend for the Bellingham chapter of OCDO.
Saturdays Open Carry Family Picnic was huge fun. Plenty of food, kayak rides on the lake and good conversation.
Rapgood and his son were nice enough to drive up from Shoreline to teach a little law. Thank you.
Our friends from the Libertarian Party that we meet at last weekends Constitutional Rally turned out with their support.
As usual, we inspired a person to go home and retrieve his gun.

Today's Bellingham Pride Festival was a huge success. We had a both right in the center of the celebration.
We had more "business" at our both than any other I've seen. I introduced myself to the mayor of Bellingham and the Deputy Chief of Police.
MSG Laigaie, Boom Boy, Doc, Samantha, myself and new member Felix ( great addition ) fielded hundreds of questions, curiosity and constitutional
conversation. I honed my skills dealing with "antis'". i.e. "Ok, it's a personal choice. Let's talk about what we do agree on. Life, liberty and freedom." Beautiful day, beautiful people.
Kudos to MSG for getting there early and setting up shop.

Kitsap, congratulations with the success of your picnic.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
B"ham Pride

What a day! Sky was spot on when he said it was busy. A great location and a constant stream of people asking for information. Sky went over and intro'd himself to the mayor (maig member) and she took it well. Deputy Chief Flo Simon was there in uniform and told us she had already told a few inquisitive s that "OC is perfectly legal in Washington State". What a way to put it. I dragged her over to our booth and she seemed
Several of the other vendors came over to us to thank us for being there. Absolutely no negatives, no antis for the day and that was amazing. A big turnout from our own people to include our new unicorn Felix. It seemed like everyone was actively engaged with someone all the time. One young lady was so greatful for the information she said "Thanks john" and then flashed me. I took it in stride, but I thought Doc and Boomboys jaws hit the floor hard. What a day.
Pics soon or go to our facebook page.

We did have one negative that day. An individual came to us with OC questions and told us of an incident he had with the BPD 911 operator. Seems as he was OCing in the downtown area and some people were upset about it. An mwag call was supposedly made and .........a representative of BPD (operator?) called him on the phone and chewed him out. Ooooooohhhhhh. Wrong answer dispatch. Investigations will continue.

Samantha

One young lady was so greatful for the information she said "Thanks john" and then flashed me. I took it in stride, but I thought Doc and Boomboys jaws hit the floor hard.

I don't know if I would consider late 40's to be young John, but they were surprisingly perky for her age. I had so much fun with you guys on Sunday I'm looking forward to seeing you next year though I may be representing another organization I lead.

I also want to thank OCDO for coming out and supporting the LGBT community, as far as I know this is the first time a 2A group has participated in a pride event that wasn't LGBT orientated. Being an active member of the community I can safely say that a large number of LGBT people support gun rights and feel under represented in the gun community and we will always be welcome at pride.

Attachments

• photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 117

sudden valley gunner

May I make a suggestion, I think this Rally deserves it's own thread so that those who don't browse our Whatcom County thread can see what a fine job you guys did.

sudden valley gunner

ADMINISTRATOR REMOVED ORIGINAL QUOTE THAT VIOLATED THE RULES

Who here promoted anyone receiving special privileges?

I am anti special privileges, my hate is for the government that grants them.

I doubt anyone is throwing ***** in your bigoted face. Your argument makes just as much sense as "if they want to carry a gun go ahead but conceal it, they should just quit throwing it in our faces". :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
It took a few moments before I answered this post.
I support my Constitution. It starts out with ...."We, the People.....". It does not start with "we, the straight people" or we, the white people or whatever little title you add. "We, the People" is all inclusive. All Citizens should be Armed Citizens, not a select few. All Citizens should be afforded the information and support they need to start openly carrying a firearm. I, and the People of Whatcom County Open Carry will take the OC Story to everyone and anyone who will allow us a venue. We were requested to attend this event. We were wanted at this event. Citizens are Citizens and should not be denied access to this information.

I get the impression that you do not approve. That is your prerogative. I, and the People that stand alongside me, will continue to take "the Word"out to anyone who will stand still. Carry On!

Alpine

I am definitely against any group getting "protected class" status under the law, be it any ethnicity, gender or sexuality identification, but as far as freedom I say they can do whatever they want as long as they are consenting adults. I'd also rather not have the state involved in ANY marriage. If it were up to me the state wouldn't issue marriage licenses and wouldn't be allowed to tell if people were married or not, it's none of their business.

sudden valley gunner

It took a few moments before I answered this post.
I support my Constitution. It starts out with ...."We, the People.....". It does not start with "we, the straight people" or we, the white people or whatever little title you add. "We, the People" is all inclusive. All Citizens should be Armed Citizens, not a select few. All Citizens should be afforded the information and support they need to start openly carrying a firearm. I, and the People of Whatcom County Open Carry will take the OC Story to everyone and anyone who will allow us a venue. We were requested to attend this event. We were wanted at this event. Citizens are Citizens and should not be denied access to this information.

I get the impression that you do not approve. That is your prerogative. I, and the People that stand alongside me, will continue to take "the Word"out to anyone who will stand still. Carry On!

I am definitely against any group getting "protected class" status under the law, be it any ethnicity, gender or sexuality identification, but as far as freedom I say they can do whatever they want as long as they are consenting adults. I'd also rather not have the state involved in ANY marriage. If it were up to me the state wouldn't issue marriage licenses and wouldn't be allowed to tell if people were married or not, it's none of their business.

Both good posts. +1

And grapeshot I fully understand the edit of my post.....+1, :), is that a first?

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Wow!

I fully support equality of everyone. Special government granted privileges of no one. And I will work to obtain those, so that everyone works to support the rights of others.

Samantha

@223to45 The LGBT community doesn't want "special rights" what we are working towards is equal rights, it's the bigots who are trying to get special rights by keeping marriage between one particular group of people. To me it sounds like you need to check your white hetero normative cis-gender middle class male privilege and realize there are other people in the country than you and your counterparts.

Pride isn't about rubbing anything in your face, it's the one day a year our group can come together as a community to celebrate how far we have come as a nation. It's no different than St. Patricks day, Easter, Christmas or any other christian holiday. You need to stop and realize that not everything a minority group does is about you, our lives really don't revolve around you.

DocWalker

@223to45 The LGBT community doesn't want "special rights" what we are working towards is equal rights, it's the bigots who are trying to get special rights by keeping marriage between one particular group of people. To me it sounds like you need to check your white hetero normative cis-gender middle class male privilege and realize there are other people in the country than you and your counterparts.

Pride isn't about rubbing anything in your face, it's the one day a year our group can come together as a community to celebrate how far we have come as a nation. It's no different than St. Patricks day, Easter, Christmas or any other christian holiday. You need to stop and realize that not everything a minority group does is about you, our lives really don't revolve around you.

All though I agree with some of what you say as I have relitives that are gay and have no problem with anyone from LGBT for the most part. I also agree let them marry and enjoy the missory of marriage like the rest of us.

I do not think you can compar a day (which they have more than one a year) can be compared to a national holiday or even St. Patricks day. I see days and months dedicated to all races black, asian, latino, and others but to be honest nobody can show me white history month or anglo day. I know I know suggesting such a thing is racist. I guess we have to celebrate black history month and gay pride day's and be happy with it.

This isn't ment to offend anyone and if it does you might want to look in the mirror at a real racist bigot.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
....... I see days and months dedicated to all races black, asian, latino, and others but to be honest nobody can show me white history month or anglo day........... I guess we have to celebrate black history month and gay pride day's and be happy with it....

I celebrate OC Day at our Annual OC Picnic. Is this not the same as the rest of what these People do?

Out and about town today. all the usuals with my Sweet Baboo. No worries, well received.