• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

DocWalker

I was told on my first encounter and I quote "I will harass you every time you OC". This was someone who went by the pseudo military title of LT., I then was told pretty much the same thing by the Deputy Chief Flo Simmon.

It would be a little more fun to see their faces if you had them saying this on audio or better yet video.

I could just see their face as they seen themselves on the local news, telling how corrupt they are.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Making news

It would be a little more fun to see their faces if you had them saying this on audio or better yet video.

I could just see their face as they seen themselves on the local news, telling how corrupt they are.

"Come look dear, you're on television right now!" :banana:

sudden valley gunner

I would have had it if my phone battery wouldn't have kept dying. It was the main reason I got a new phone back then.

Another interesting side note and one that has me convinced these guys 1) Don't write much of there reports until someone asks for it and 2) collaborate on their reports, as the assaulting officer stepped out to try to run me and also to try to trespass me from starbucks, I pretended my phone was working and asked the other if he would tell me why I was being detained, He said "not while you are recording", I asked "why are you afraid you are going to be on youtube?".

Guess what the reports of the officers who weren't even involved in that conversation or close enough to hear it said, that while I was walking away I yelled "you are going to be on youtube tonight" a total fabrication and and collaboration to do so.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Out and about in the City of Subdued Excitement. A few of the usual places, bank, haggens, El Gitanos, great Mexican food and the post office annex.
I was in the new winco grinding coffee (3 bags) and got hit on again. A woman watches for a bit, then slides up and says "I would feel safe anywhere you were." as she fluttered her eyes. I said thank you and went along with my business. Nice place to shop.

SUNDAY>>>SUNDAY>>>SUNDAY
meet us at the Bakerview Starbucks today at ten. The regular sunday morning coffee will be happening today. Come on down, or up, or over and have a cuppa with the Whatcom County group

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

At Wincos cute little boy and girl in the lane next to us, " what is that?" as he points to my gun.

Me-"that's my gun",
Mother " it's just a toy"
Me "It's real"
Little boy "It's real?"
Me "Yes, that way the bad guys won't get you"
His sister "Or me?"
Me "yes or you"
Little boy "but what do I do if you are not here?" (kids are the greatest thinkers, and always ask unpredictable questions, love it!)
Me " Hide and if you can call the police" "If you see anyone with a gun in their hand call the police because its a bad guy who needs to be taken away or it's a good guy who is going to need help"
Mother sincerely "Thank you."

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
SUNDAY>>>SUNDAY>>>SUNDAY
meet us at the Bakerview Starbucks today at ten. The regular sunday morning coffee will be happening today. Come on down, or up, or over and have a cuppa with the Whatcom County group

Whatcom County and Bellingham have been pretty quiet. I never get any hassle anywhere I go. I guess the media coverage really got the word out that Open Carry is an acceptable norm.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Good things happening in the County.
LYNDEN - The City Council is removing a law that banned people from carrying guns in Lynden's parks to bring the city into compliance with Washington state's "open-carry" law.
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/201...moves-law-banning-firearms.html#storylink=cpy

Details in another thread.

I was walking thru the parking lot at winco with my Sweet Baboo. We passed a vehicle of obvious Canadians and one young male(22-23) commented..."I love America" as he smiled. I understand, I feel that way too.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Out and about on the motorcycles with my Sweet Baboo.
Cabelas called and gave me a proceed on my last weapon purchase so we used it as an excuse to ride. No mwag calls so I guess we were ok.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sunday sunday sunday

I, for one, will be skipping starbucks as a meet this week. If someone has a suggestion for an alternate, please chime in and make a comment.

It is getting "very quiet" in Whatcom County. Is everyone in Hawaii with SVG?

sudden valley gunner

I, for one, will be skipping starbucks as a meet this week. If someone has a suggestion for an alternate, please chime in and make a comment.

It is getting "very quiet" in Whatcom County. Is everyone in Hawaii with SVG?

I have been thinking about this John, Woods would be an alternative but apparently they are discriminatory toward, non hetero's, I prefer not to leave one bigoted store for another.

To bad the weather is turning because we could just hold them on city property somewhere.....;)

Boomboy007

Choir practice meeting choices.

So it seems we have several choices for a meeting place on Sunday mornings.I suggested Lafeen's Donuts, SVG suggested IHOP, and Sarge has two or three good ideas. Let's decide where to go, so we can get to getting. Also, anybody heard from sky is falling?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
How about this.
Lets meet at the IHOP on bakerview and talk about where we will be going next time. The food is better than the sugar bombs they have at lafeens.
What say you?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Out and about with my Sweet Baboo, OCing on motorcycles. All the usual local stops, nothing to comment on, life is good.
Went to lunch in Ferndale. Went to a Dennys and had a great meal, wonderful coffee and a room full of happy people.
Stopped for a while at the Beer fest at Bevex. The featured beer was wonderful. A large room full of beer people and only one commented on the weapon. Cool.