• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Lori and I ended up having breakfast at Sharis. Quiet, good omelettes. Shopping with my Sweet Baboo, all over town.

Big Lots, goodwill, couple of grocery stores, just all over B'ham.
Funny incident at Lafeens donuts. I was getting petrol and when finished I went in while Lori parked. There was a korean looking gentleman behind the counter. I opened the door for Lori and as she came in I closed the door, approached the counter and he said..."You have a gun!". Well what do you say to that. I just said.."Yes". and then we ordered donuts, paid for them and left. No worries, no other comments.
Actually you do not get all that much notice inB'ham anymore. We are becoming "normal" again.

DocWalker

Lori and I ended up having breakfast at Sharis. Quiet, good omelettes. Shopping with my Sweet Baboo, all over town.

Funny incident at Lafeens donuts. I was getting petrol and when finished I went in while Lori parked. There was a korean looking gentleman behind the counter. I opened the door for Lori and as she came in I closed the door, approached the counter and he said..."You have a gun!". Well what do you say to that. I just said.."Yes". and then we ordered donuts, paid for them and left. No worries, no other comments.
Actually you do not get all that much notice inB'ham anymore. We are becoming "normal" again.

You would think being a donut shop they would be used to seeing people with guns, maybe it was because you didn't have a uniform on?

sudden valley gunner

+1

I just have been to Freddy's, other than that busy working.

You would think being a donut shop they would be used to seeing people with guns, maybe it was because you didn't have a uniform on?

LOL....funny you mention it since that is where Officer VanderYacht had a meeting with John and I about officer Allen Bass's illegal dangerous actions.

sudden valley gunner

Barkley Village, held door open for guy coming out of Bayside Coin and Jewelry , he gave positive comments about my OC, and we ended up in a pretty cool conversation.

Tino's- For dinner with the Missus, another great conversation about guns with the proprietor of the shop, she has CPL but no comfortable with carry, I mentioned my retired army friend who likes to help people become more comfortable. ;)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I missed last weeks meet due to home probs. Will there be a meet this morning and where? The last place was a bit crowded and loud, any suggestions? McDees maybe?

ARADCOM

New OC Locales

Last night at QFC and Jimmy's Pizza and Pasta in Stanwood (I think they must have the best pizza in WA) and this morning at The Calico Cupboard in Mt. Vernon (cool place and a pretty good breakfast).

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well I was driving my Sweet Baboo to work this morning when we saw the remnants of a break-in. The bread store on alabama, bellingham Flatbread, had the front door broken out and glass was everywhere. We did 911 and continued on. I dropped her off and went back to the bread store to wait for the PeeDee to arrive. About twenty mins later up drives SVGs favorite officer, The Blonde. My pistol was out in the open, as always, and she did not even blink an eye over it. What a monumental difference between this and our last interaction. BPD is making progress in the OC area.

sudden valley gunner

Well I was driving my Sweet Baboo to work this morning when we saw the remnants of a break-in. The bread store on alabama, bellingham Flatbread, had the front door broken out and glass was everywhere. We did 911 and continued on. I dropped her off and went back to the bread store to wait for the PeeDee to arrive. About twenty mins later up drives SVGs favorite officer, The Blonde. My pistol was out in the open, as always, and she did not even blink an eye over it. What a monumental difference between this and our last interaction. BPD is making progress in the OC area.

;)

20 min on a Sunday morn........

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was out and about with my Sweet Baboo on the motorcycles yesterday. We went to Lynden for lunch and saw quite a few others out on motorcycles. We did see one young man on a black V-twin who was actually open carrying. Cool, first person I have seen that I did not already know.

Last edited: