• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I don't know if he was located. Nothing else on scanner. This kind of thing makes people nervous.

NavyLTCDR.......YOU ARE THE WINNER!!! of this years "longest distance" OCDO coffee cup AT THE 4TH annual OCDO picnic. I will have it delivered to your Manse by a uniformed member of the United States government as soon as humanly possible. Congratulations Sir.

ARADCOM

A Plus and a Minus

Plus: Was at the Barkley theaters last night and after I purchased tickets and turned to go in the guy behind said, "Love the open carry". I said Thanks and we went in and saw a pretty good flick, "A Most Wanted Man".

Minus: Stopped in at Goods Produce on Northwest Ave this afternoon to buy some corn and raspberries. Have been in several times before, but today the owner said I had to leave my weapon in the car, that he didn't want guns in his place. So, no corn and raspberries for me and no money for him. To bad 'cuz it was a handy place for me to shop and they had some of the best corn I've ever eaten.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
While driving the bikes up alabama road my Sweet Baboo an I had another biker pull up alongside. He was wearing some kind of Glock and we directed him to OCDO as he did not know about us. Cool, I hope he shows.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Ocean Shores

Sweet Baboo and I took the bikes down to OC for a few days. Only one person even commented about the gun. She asked what it was as a segway to ask what she should use for home defense. She even had me write down the names of a few good shotguns. Cool.
On the way home we stopped at the rest stop on I-5 and there was another open carrier there. Another cool.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
teaching opportunity

Each day I take my motorcycle down to the jail and wait for my Sweet Baboo to get off work. We then take a slow ride home, sometimes stopping off somewhere for the fun of it. Now comes the good part.

I sit outside the jail on the park bench and read while waiting. Sometimes I will clean Herselfs bike a bit. LEOs come and go, it is a jail after all. A few see my pistol and get a bit excited. "There is a guy outside with a GUN Sarge!! " "What is he doing?"......."He's reading a book!!"..... Well that one was yesterday. I have been told by my Sweet Baboo that this is happening regularly now and the HMFIC sets them straight and tells them it is legal and he supports it. Some of them will engage in conversation with me. This is a great way to "normalize" ourselves to the Local LEOs. Cool.

The point is this. They are watching all the time.....ALL the time. Be cool, be calm, be armed.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was in Goodwill again yesterday. I ran into a calif transplant that was shocked that I was armed. Another employee chimed in and supported OC with all his might. Cool, the exposure is working. I congratulated the transplant for moving north to Freedom and reminded him to leave california style politics behind.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was walking into Winco with my Sweet Baboo when a voice behind us says, " I don't know who you are, but I already like you." A giant of a man (6.9") was smiling and happy. He recognized Lori as another employee at the jail and went on about OC. He does not do it himself, but CCs.
He is carrying tho. We reminded him to vote.

()pen(arry

A giant of a man (6.9")

Six-point-nine inches! That's even smaller than this guy!

article-1056575-02ACB8C100000578-552_468x749.jpg

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Got me Grape. Yes 6'9", better.

Had another couple stop me in Lowes and just had to tell me how much they approve of OC even tho they CC. I just keep reminding them to vote in order to retain that Right.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Got me Grape. Yes 6'9", better.

Had another couple stop me in Lowes and just had to tell me how much they approve of OC even tho they CC. I just keep reminding them to vote in order to retain that Right.
No "gotcha" intended. Look at it as getting our attention :)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I had dueling reactions yesterday. Driving up Alabama on the bike and stopped at a light. My Sweet Baboo laughingly said the guy in the car next to us "freaked out" when he noticed me. A block later another driver did her best impression of a contortionist to show me a double thumbs up. Not smart when driving.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Kids, ya gotta love 'em

I was in the BGO yesterday with my Sweet Baboo. I was looking at Halloween stuff and saw a group of about five or six kids with Gran. I noticed a small pile of one dollar bills on the display, under a small box. I turned to the group and asked if this money belonged to one of them. They all fell silent and one raised his hand. I quietly cautioned them that not everyone in the world is as trusting as he is and it would be safer if he put it in his pocket. He said thank you, pout his fortune away, and went about his business, as Gran smiled.

I thought nothing of it, but a few minutes later the lad came up to us with a small toy and asked me to put my finger in it. I held my hand up and asked him if he was trying to scare me to which he hemmed and hawed a bit without answering. I put my finger in and a small plastic spider jumped out. I was appropriately "scared" . He laughed, smiled and ran away.

In my small interaction with these children, I went from stranger to "good guy with a gun". We both walked away with smiles (Gran too).

Pixie

just moved to Kendall

I was going to talk to one of my new neighbors. I was open carrying. He asked if I always open carry, I told him no, but sometimes it is easier. I also asked if it bother him. He told me no then thanked me for carrying.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have been watching the thread on tacomas "safety class" the are putting on. This could be a good thing for us to initiate here in b'ham. The city is starting a "public TV" channel. The public is authorized to submit programs and the city will not censor the content. I think this would be a great way for the Whatcom County Chapter of OCDO to do a little community service and get the OC word out in our own neighborhood.
We are slowly creeping to a half million CPLs. The people are armed and carrying. A regular safety class and news show could benefit everyone.

So, What say you?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
new guy in town

A great day in Whatcom County.
Went out and about with my Sweet Baboo on motorcycles. I stopped alongside a school buss and the kids went wild with clapping and laughter. I must dress funny.

I bought a "new" sidearm and the nics went right thru. I guess all those calls to BATF have paid off. I picked up a nice little Colt police special in .38. Made in 1966.

I was in a dollar store and saw an Open Carrier, named Justin, who has moved here (9 mos) from Colorado. I hope he shows here and gets involved.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Second saturday meet & greet, oct edition

This month the "second saturday Meet & Greet" Will be at Greens Corner, an absolutely wonderful place that you have probably been to before.

WHAT- The SS Meet & Greet.
When-Saturday, Eleven October, eleven ay em
Where- Greenes Corner (addrs below)

Meet the People of Whatcom County Open Carry and do not forget to bring your growler, 'cause Greenes will have some of the Best beer on tap.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/greenes-corner-bellingham